Forums are back in action! ×

New and nervous

Good evening! I'm new here and a little bit nervous, but allow me to introduce myself.

I am a second year college student studying physics. Never really been into sports or fitness of any kind (I was on the swim team all through junior high and highschool, but to say my performance there was "unenthusiastic" would be the understatement of the century).

I was raised by my computer and a healthy dose of video games, both of which cultivated in me a love of technology and rpg/adventure games to the detriment of my physical fitness. As a result, I grew up to be one of the huskier girls in the neighborhood - a title that I maintained until well into my junior year of highschool, when I got braces and inadvertently lost a good thirty pounds (eating was way too painful, so I just drank liquid meals). That kind of served as a wake up call to me - having never really known what "thin" felt like, I was completely ecstatic about my new size and desperate to learn how to maintain it, so I cleaned up my diet.

So far, I've been successful with keeping off the weight, but now I'd really like to put on some muscle. I'm starting with a full-body barbell routine (3x a week) and would like to do a chin up by the end of the year (ambitious, right?). 

I hope to make some new friends around here and find new motivation!

Level 1

Pixie Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 7|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hi there, PumpkinSoup :)

Welcome to the Rebellion! It's great that you decided to live your life healthier, you've come to just the right place. Everyone here's really friendly and supportive of each other. 

Physics is awesome! I'm currently considering dropping my CS inscription and starting physics myself. Do you have any plans on what you want to do with your finished degree?

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Welcome to the rebellion! Make that barbell your new best friend! Being a rpg geek easily translates over into fitness. Keeping track of your own stats and leveling up your life can get very addicting! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived