Forums are back in action! ×

Hobbit baker tries to level up her life

I'm a stay at home mom, baker, and blogger. I want to be more healthy, and I'm right now formulating my goals for the challenge.

I love my iPad and I play the Fallout series and Skyrim. I'm also a Sherlockian, and REALLY love Tolkien.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in August, and I started doing water aerobics at the Y. I LOVED it, and now I'm doing intervals in the water and Pilates, working out 1-2 hours, 4-5 times a week.. I haven't lost a pound, but I've gone down 3 clothing sizes. My ultimate fitness goal is to be strong and fit enough to avoid injury and pain. My weight loss goal is to get out of plus sizes, so I can wear nicer clothes.

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer

STR 5 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 2.5 WIS 3 CHA 3

Thecakeflake.Blogspot.Com

We all have to start somewhere.

Welcome aboard! Good luck with all your goals. Great job on the sizes! Thats why we don't obsess over the scales :D

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Welcome to the Rebellion Tolkienesque! I think you'll find this group very supportive and encouraging. I'm fairly new here as well and have enjoyed the community and Blogs from the Nerds quite a bit. Sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia, but I believe that getting fitter can only improve our ability to handle these sorts of situations. 

I hope you find this site and these people helpful in your questing.... :onthego:

Telemon Hollowbones
Half-Elf Adventurer (AKA. Dragon Fodder)
Str 6.5 / Dex 7 / Sta 9.5
Con 7 / Wis 6 / Cha 6
Telemon's Battle-log
Current Challenge
Shiny Belt of Endurance
"Don't Dream It, Be It" Frankenfurter

Welcome! Congratulations on losing 3 sizes already that's amazing! I love Skyrim & Sherlock too :) 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

Going down three sizes is amazing! I'm trying not to give into the scale temptation except for maybe once a month or so - I too just want clothes to fit better and to look a bit leaner overall. Sounds like you're off to an awesome start!! 

Also... baking... yessss. One of my favorite things to do, and it's been hard to scale back on how much I bake. I used to bake a couple of loaves of French bread for dinner a couple of nights a week and we'd devour one that night - I dread to think how half a loaf's worth of simple carbs would affect my efforts at getting healthier.... arghh!! So I've stayed religiously away from my baking cabinet the last few weeks. It's sad. 

Kannis - Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 1 : DEX 4 : STA 3 : CON 2 : WIS 3 : CHA 2

Archived