Forums are back in action! ×

Rewards

Me_

Can anyone help me think of some good rewards for doing things? This website suggest clothing but I really hate shopping and stuff so buy clothes to me is more of a chore then a reward. That and I have horrorible style so it is kinda stressful.

I don't like movies.

I have two babies so going on wicked cool vacations is quite a while down the road for me. I don't like leaving them either so a night out is normally me wishing I could run off and be with my kids.

So other then that I don't have alot of money.....

What I love to do is hiking, biking (on hold because of babies) and going to parts and festivals (where I don't normally buy crap because then I have more stuff in my house..)

I guess I could no go to a festival if I don't reach a goal but that is more of a punishment then a reward. I don't count hiking and physical activities normally as rewards as much as part of my over all fitness.

I like to garden but only food and I like in michigan so I can't do that now anyways.....

I am not trying to destroy all hope just brainstorming. It has been hard to come up with.

Dwarf driud lvl 3Str 2 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 4 | wis 4 | cha 6

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34200-me-battles-sugar-sprites/

I got my hair cut for 3 weeks primal.  I am trying to do things that will make me feel younger than 60, because I am not 60, and I have, with my family, put myself last for a very long time.

I have bought hair dye, gone on a day trip (my kids are older, so easier).....even just driving to a place to hike with the kids that you don't usually bother to go to is a reward.

One thing I miss most about the midwest (I used to live in NW IN) is walking through the oak stands in winter.  I have mountains to hike now, but sometimes I would just like to smell deciduous leaves! :tongue:

You could order an unusual herb for indoors, something weird that can be grown in your window for tea or medicinal purposes.

I'll try to brainstorm some more....

Level 3 Pandaren Adventurer

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

What else do you like?

You could always have a night in so you don't wish you could be with your babies, because they are with you. Maybe plan something to do with your friends or partner to do at home.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Do you have an iPod or MP3?  That would be an inexpensive way to reward yourself.  I have a thing for Muse and use their music to workout, so it's a two-fold reward.  I don't just go online and buy music whenever I want, so I tie it into a reward.

You can do it by the song, or by the album.

If you are into gaming, buying rewards online could help.  Like on WOW you can buy pets or mounts, if that's your thing.  Or give yourself a guilt free block of time to just sit and play.

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

Thanks for the great suggestions so far. I had a friend recommend I tie my bad attempts at having friends over for parties to this as well which would work. (I have a tendency not to invite people to my parties so they fail but it is all about the effort)

I like the herb idea as well though I would need a sun lamp to start. My house kinda sucks so it is hard to get any sunny windows.

I kinda stopped play video games because I am doing the whole single mother thing currently and if I play a game I like to play it for hours on end so I just stopped. Don't really miss it.

I will also think about the music idea I have some music on my phone that I can use but I don't update the songs.

Dwarf driud lvl 3Str 2 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 4 | wis 4 | cha 6

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34200-me-battles-sugar-sprites/

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you need to find a way to have fun without your children. You sound like a great mother, and in order to keep yourself sane you need to do things for yourself to prevent burnout. Athena had some great ideas about how to spoil yourslef. 

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

"Thanks for the great suggestions so far. I had a friend recommend I tie my bad attempts at having friends over for parties to this as well which would work. (I have a tendency not to invite people to my parties so they fail but it is all about the effort)"

Hahahaha!  I do this!  There is an article on this site about leveling up your social life....I read it and am going to start doing it.  Maybe you should read it, and come out of your single mother shell a bit.  I know it's hard, I was a single mother for a few years, and was determined to NOT date after a series of stupid blind dates.  I'm not social, and actual love being alone, but then met my husband.....we pussyfooted around each other for 6 WEEKS!!  Honestly!

Not that you have to date, but even as a hermit, I do occasionally need a human outlet.

At home spa night. You can find diy face masks and foot scrubs on pintrest/google. Sometimes just sitting with your feet in the hot water and sipping tea is enough of a reward. (I'm going to assume you spend a good portion of your day running around, enjoying nature or chasing after your kids) Not sure what age your kids are but you can do this with them, little kids love messy things they can put on their face, or do it after they go to bed. Paint your toes a vibrant color, a little boost of sunshine that can be hidden for work.

The library - check out a new book/dvd/cd, go and read a magazine or newspaper, they also have things on gardening/nature/parks, or you can get children's books, most libraries also have book clubs, activity nights

Also check with your town/city/park services for events. Here we have guided nature walks, bingo night, eukre night ...

Those are things that worked for my college student budget. I agree not going to festivals is more of a punishment than reward.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived