Forums are back in action! ×

how are you feeling right now ?

Eats-Own-Tail

i feel quite annoyed and disappointed.

i have been posting my life goal results on a music forum. and no-one seems to give a damn.

ok so its a music forum... but ive been posting there for 10 years and we often post about our little ups and downs.

it would be nice if i could get some support from them, but along with many other of my wacky ideas, no-one seems the slightest bit interested.

so im a bit gutted, again, about that.

but, ive been doing well with my life goals today, so i feel a little bit proud of myself. also i feel motivated to continue, but put my results in a little book i have, to read myself, and stuff them on the music forum.

:)

how about you, how are you feeling right now ??

here is my blog, which i have made to avoid spamming the forum with all my little updates: http://toblackmarsh.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm sorry you feel annoyed and disappointed. I've found that there are real friends then there are interest friends -- ones who only care about your shared interest and nothing else about you. It hurts when you think someone is the former when they're really the latter.

I feel pretty good! I got a lot of work done today and I was getting ready to do some stair pushups in a bit, after dinner finishes sorting itself out in my tummy. Best of all, it's Friday. :D

Anduril, level 3 human adventurer

(ranger wannabe)
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 6.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Intro thread | Daily Journal
Top weight 211, currently 184, goal weight 150 (5' 8-1/2")

Life has no remote; you have to get up and change it yourself.

i feel quite annoyed and disappointed.

i have been posting my life goal results on a music forum. and no-one seems to give a damn.

I'm listening to avril lavigne, slayer and bowling for soup.  Thanks for asking.

Honestly, I have friends of 10+ years I can talk to about games etc., but if I cross a line .. meh. This site is probably best for that sort of thing.  The people here are very supportive.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

The internet I find is too hard to really get to know people, like truly know them, because it's too easy to lie about where your at.  With that said, I've found NF to be one of the more honest places, where people are honestly sharing stories because that's the culture Steve (and Stacy) built.

Keep up the good work with your life goals, and keep on sharing at NF.  :) 

i think its time to post more on this forum than the music forum. the people there are very grouchy, compared to here where everyone is trying to DO SOMETHING. thats a big deal.

today i feel really good. slept for 8 hours, which is unusal for me, and im pleased with what i achieved yesterday :)

here is my blog, which i have made to avoid spamming the forum with all my little updates: http://toblackmarsh.blogspot.co.uk/

today i am feeling pretty ok.

it could have been a disaster. i couldnt think of anything to get me motivated, i got up late and ate 2 pieces of toast, and smoked and drank coffee all afternoon.

but then i thought of something... and started to stuff to get points. made myself something decent to eat, switched to decaff coffee.. now im about to do the dishes.

then im going to do some stair climbing, and go on my boxing game. yay :)

The internet I find is too hard to really get to know people, like truly know them, because it's too easy to lie about where your at.  With that said, I've found NF to be one of the more honest places, where people are honestly sharing stories because that's the culture Steve (and Stacy) built.

Keep up the good work with your life goals, and keep on sharing at NF.  :) 

This is so true.

You are awesome, maybe they couldn't handle your awesome awesomeness over at the music form.

Sending you hugs, lots and lots of hugs

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Sorry you're feeling that way. I also get the feeling sometimes that none of my friends really care. As for today, I'm feeling pretty good, except I wish the dang sun would come out for a couple of days. Hope you get to feeling better. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Just thought I would put a quick post here, I must admit I am not great.  I have had some kind of flu thang going on for about 3 weeks now, and just can´t shake it.  What is really getting on my bits is that I have let my weight (read fat) go up again, and I am now heavier than I have been for ages.  Now, before all you lovelies comment, no I do not look any better, much worse (jelly belly on the increase, trousers tight) and rosacea at its worst for years.   I know I need a good kick up the bahutsa, so consider that done  << kick>>

OK then now what?  I eat paleo with my own version of cheats (almond flour muffins being the latest " Oh, they should be OK, there is no grains" cheat).  So that has to change....

Going to take one hour at a time, and get through tomorrow with protein (170g if I am to eat 1g per lb body weight - virtually impossible for me and expensive) and stick to veggies and fat, with out the "pretend" paleo additions.

OK rant over.  Wish me luck.

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Treun anns a' chath (Mighty in the battle)

Paleoish hits 50 - The sequel

Whole 30 team challenge

i started a battle log thread on the non-supportive forum where we can write our achievements and boost each other up ;)

so far one person has posted that they completed the whole of goldeneye, and another finsihed oblivion and skyrim on the hardest settings without dying once, and also completed all the achievements. :)

theres still alot of moaning and whining on there. but now it balances out a tiny bit more :P

Boo for poopy non supportive forums!

HOORAY BEER~~!! (Incidentally, I wish BBDO New York would revive their Red Stripe campaign with The Ambassador...)

Fortunately, my body feels pretty good right now. I have to go to the gym in a little while. However, I'm down on myself emotionally. It's become clear in the last two weeks or so that I won't be able to carry out as designed the weight training program I'm trying to follow.

I cannot back squat an empty bar, to full depth, without rounding my lower back and lifting at least my left heel. My clubfeet, and some sedentary-lifestyle-related weakness and mobility problems, add up to extreme difficulty learning the movement. The few trainers in my rural area have zero experience coaching people with backgrounds like mine (physical birth defects) to lift correctly; they don't know what the hell to do with me. Also, the scaling down of the movement to goblet squats is not helping, at least not so far. I have the same problems with that as with a barbell.

A large part of me wants to just quit, but thought processes like that are what put me in this position in the first place. I just wish I could see some kind of improvement in my movement pattern; it would make a world of difference in encouraging me to keep going.

Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately, the weightlifting gods took pity on me today and I think I may have figured a thing or two out that was hindering me.

And I agree with Rooks, too, about NF. Terrific, encouraging group of people here and yet still this site shook me out of my combination of apathy toward and fear of physical activity. If people on that music forum don't appreciate what you're doing, screw 'em.

yes, screw them. lol.

they dont understand what im trying to do and keep telling me to chill out and drink wine, or lie in bed and relax.

im actually quite ill today with a tummy bug but im not going to let it stop me.

i agree too. nerdfitness is an amazing site. i really feel pumped about what im doing and that hasnt happened in a loooong time.

also well done for figuring some weights stuff out :)

Right now  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Trying to balance school with healthy lifestyle and personal stuff is getting to me. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get my head in the right state of mind but my thoughts keep wandering to random places that aren't helping me get stuff done. 

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

I feel a few different things right now.

1. Disappointed in myself. A) for not taking my wide-open day and doing productive things with it (I got some stuff done, but not as much as I wanted), and B) for not achieving my six-week challenge goals. I'm notoriously hard on myself, and I'm trying to give myself some credit, but it's hard.

2. Mystified. I have this neck muscle that's been Charlie Horsing for the past couple of hours and it's super uncomfortable. There is absolutely nothing I can think of that could have sent this muscle into perma-contract mode.

3. Kinda lonely. I set my wonderful roommate up with a wonderful acquaintance of mine and it was a total home run. I'm over the moon excited for them, but... I don't know. She's asking me about whether or not I'm ready to get back in the game, and I'm not sure. I told myself I wouldn't even go on a date until I had made significant strides on my self-esteem after a recent breakup, and I know I haven't done the necessary work. I have this crush on a guy, but he lives in a different city and I wouldn't even know how to get his attention. Plus he's super attractive and awesome and probably has a girlfriend. It's a situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm actually rather hungry.  not sure I realised just how so until you inquired.  I suppose I ought to remedy this....

and poop on those other folk.  ::nods::  stay here, with us.  <3

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Archived