Forums are back in action! ×

100kg squat!

MetalBender

So after fininishing my regular StrongLifts 5x5 workout the other day I still felt like I had some leftover energy.

At this point my squats were at 70kg, so I wanted to see if I could do another 5 reps at 70kg. And it wasn't that hard. So I tried 1 rep at 80kg. Still fine. Then 90kg - getting tough, but I felt an urge to try something heavier.

So I loaded up for 100kg (still just for 1 rep).

Got under the bar and lifted it off. I could really feel that last 10kg increase. I squatted down, concentrating. Started to get back up, really focusing on my form and pushing hard...

BOOM!!

I did it! The toughest thing I've ever done. And it felt awesome. I can hardly wait for the day when 100kg will be my regular work weight!

If it hadn't been for NF, I would never have been inspired to start this great journey.

Stay awesome out there :)

Earth Kingdom Warrior - Level 1

(STR) 3 <> (DEX) 2 <> (STA) 2 <> (CON) 2 <> (WIS) 3 <> (CHA) 3

You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. - Uncle Iroh

So after fininishing my regular StrongLifts 5x5 workout the other day I still felt like I had some leftover energy. At this point my squats were at 70kg, so I wanted to see if I could do another 5 reps at 70kg. And it wasn't that hard. So I tried 1 rep at 80kg. Still fine. Then 90kg - getting tough, but I felt an urge to try something heavier. So I loaded up for 100kg (still just for 1 rep). Got under the bar and lifted it off. I could really feel that last 10kg increase. I squatted down, concentrating. Started to get back up, really focusing on my form and pushing hard... BOOM!! I did it! The toughest thing I've ever done. And it felt awesome. I can hardly wait for the day when 100kg will be my regular work weight! If it hadn't been for NF, I would never have been inspired to start this great journey. Stay awesome out there :)

Very, very cool Bender. You stay awesome too.  You'll be surprised at how quickly that becomes your working weight.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived