Forums are back in action! ×

1 Year of Life for Bacon?

Gainsdalf the Whey

So this is all starting because I saw something someone posted on facebook that said the doctors say that every piece of bacon you eat decreases your lifespan by 9 minutes. I don't believe for a second it's true, but lets assume it is for fun.

Now, I wanted to know, is the bacon worth it at my current intake?

According to Wikipedia, the average male life expenctancy in the US is about 75 years of age.

At my current intake of 3 slices of bacon a day, maybe a few more while I'm cooking (lets assume 25 per week), I am losing 225 minutes of life per week to bacon consumption.  That's 11,700 minutes a year, or 195 hours, or 8.125 days. It would take just about 45 years for that to add up to a year of life lost to bacon, at which point I will be 72. So, according to the doctors, on average I will die around 74 instead of 75 due to my bacon consumption.

I'll take it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I believe I'm already dead given the amount of bacon I eat.  or.... ate....

Am haunting everyone now. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I believe I'm already dead given the amount of bacon I eat.  or.... ate....

Am haunting everyone now. 

Doubtful, i would have needed to eat over 2.8 million slices (87.5 tons) to be dead by now.  That was actually the first thing I calculated as my initial thought was to try to figure out the midpoint where the reduction in life and my life used up eating bacon would meet. It was just too obscene an amount of bacon to be fun though. From now until I die at 74 I will however eat 1.87 tons of bacon though.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

mmmmm... is it wrong that a ton of bacon somehow seems desirable?

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I can buy 15lbs of bacon from the cafeteria really cheap and it the best bacon. Totally worth every second.

I'm an athiest and I thank God for it. -George Bernard Shaw 

If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor. -Voltaire 

'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes. -James Morrow

Archived