Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for alternatives brought me here

Hey all! I'm new to the forum, and I honestly never thought I'd find myself here.  You see, my deep dark secret is ... I really hate bodyweight exercises.  I really, really do.

That doesn't mean I don't plan to do them.  I'm usually a dancer (Middle Eastern, "belly," if you prefer), but a recent bout of tendonitis and plantar fascitis has taken me off my feet for a few months.  I mostly need to heal and strengthen before I can start dancing.  And just because my feet aren't working right, that doesn't mean I can't keep strengthening and toning* the rest of me, right?

By day, I'm a software tester/business analyst/project manager, so I have a nicely geeky job.  Actually, I describe my job alternately as "geek-adjacent" and "geek translator," since I'm frequently the one translating developer-speak into something non-developers can understand.

By night, I'm usually either playing WoW**, knitting, or reading sff. I'm old enough to remember playing games on the original NES with my dad, and I remained faithful to Nintendo consoles through the N64 (Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games). With the Gamecube, I jumped ship to the PS2, and spent many, many hours playing JRPGs.  Right now, I don't have a current gen console (too pricey when they first came out), but I'm looking at picking up an XBox, so I can borrow games from all my friends. I also harbor a grudge against Playstation for not making the PS3 backward compatible.

*I'm not using "toning" to describe looks here, which is silly. I mean "toning," like you would tune a piano, or an engine.  Getting max DPS out of my body. That kind of toning.

**My main is currently a Gnome Shadow Priest, but I played a Prot Pally for years.  Just didn't like the prot changes in Mists.

Arianrose, the Dwarf Adventurer

Level 1 - STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1

Challenge #1

~Walk in the light; dance in the shadows~

Welcome!  You can definitely keep on working whatever you can in any way you like!  I've had the tendonitis. So annoying. 

I'm also a nintendo fan. I really miss my SNES (it finally stopped working). 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

. I'm old enough to remember playing games on the original NES with my dad,.

Boy I feel old... my mom still has my little brother's nes... That I played with him... That replaced our atari... Sigh...

Welcome to the rebellion!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm also a nintendo fan. I really miss my SNES (it finally stopped working). 

I'm still babying my third PS2, because I've got so many beloved games I'd hate to give up.  And I only got rid of my GBA when I got an iPhone.  (Yeah, I had all the handhelds, too.)

Arianrose, the Dwarf Adventurer

Level 1 - STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1

Challenge #1

~Walk in the light; dance in the shadows~

Archived