Forums are back in action! ×

Knowledge is power! Thank you Nerd Fitness!

Ems

So. You think you know what's healthy. You grow up with society and the media telling you all fat is bad, whole grains are good, red meat is dangerous and there are numerous ways to lose weight and get toned while still eating your favourite treats. If you're a woman it's off to the treadmill you go, don't even think about going near any weights unless you want thighs and arms the size of tree trunks.

DON'T BELIEVE IT PEOPLE!!!

I am so grateful to this site for educating me on what really works. And I know it works because I tried both ways:

My personal trainer asked me a couple weeks ago, 'how is your diet looking at the moment?' Me: 'It's really good.' And I genuinely believed it was. It was full of wholesome foods like bran flakes and tons of salad - what's wrong with that? The result after metric testing - my weight was down, but so was my muscle. And my body fat was up. The exact opposite of what I wanted!

So, disappointed and frustrated, I went back to the drawing board, listened to my personal trainer's advice which was continually echoed and supported as I read more and more NF articles and levelled up. Throwing everything I thought I knew about a healthy diet out the window, I went increasingly Paleo, got the protein and veggies going and cut out the grains. The result? In my next metric tests, about a week, later my weight was down again, but this time muscle was up and body fat was down - yes!!!!!!

Seeing such different results in such a short time frame was a revelation. So I just want to say a huge thank you to Steve and the Nerd Fitness Team for giving me and so many other people the greatest gift - knowledge!!! You guys rock  :D

Ems

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Archived