Forums are back in action! ×

New Jim Butcher series

yay!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

^This. 

As long as it does not interfere with him publishing Dresden on schedule I'll take this as a good thing. 

from what i've gathered Dresden has become so big that he's becoming burnt out on it.  having another series to help his creativity should defiantley help keep dresden on track.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

from what i've gathered Dresden has become so big that he's becoming burnt out on it.  having another series to help his creativity should defiantley help keep dresden on track.

Hope so. He's got 7 more books to write before he is done with the series ( or so the internet rumors say) 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Well, assuming he wasn't being facetious at the time, I remember reading an interview where he said he originally intended 17 books and an apocalyptic triology, because "who doesn't like Apocalyptic Trilogies?"

Here's hoping he doesn't just port his Dresden Files characters over into the steampunk universe and call it a day. Well, I can guess he can keep the epic wiseass-ery that most of his characters have, but that's about it. That being said, I'm all about some Butcher steampunk.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Well, assuming he wasn't being facetious at the time, I remember reading an interview where he said he originally intended 17 books and an apocalyptic triology, because "who doesn't like Apocalyptic Trilogies?"

Here's hoping he doesn't just port his Dresden Files characters over into the steampunk universe and call it a day. Well, I can guess he can keep the epic wiseass-ery that most of his characters have, but that's about it. That being said, I'm all about some Butcher steampunk.

i think he did a pretty good job keeping dresden and alera seperate.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Archived