Forums are back in action! ×

Chicken - skin on or skin off?

Soapdish

At least In my country, i heard that the chicken skin have a big concentration of female hormone. So i put my bets on "Skin Off" even if a girl is eating it.

Level 1 ~ Revenant ~ Freelancer (Adventurer)

Strenght (STR): 1
Dexterity
(DEX): 4
Stamina
(STA): 1

Constitution (CON): 2
Wisdom
(WIS): 4
Charisma
(CHA): 3

"One little fading light against a wold of darkness"

Battle Log

Depends on your goals and what, if any dietary guidelines you are trying to follow. For people wanting to bulk, I say leave it on. For calorie counters, I say leave it off. For Paleo/Low Carb people I say go for it.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's the best part.  I eat it off the bird while I'm carving it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I don't think chicken hormones would really affect humans, especially eaten and not injected.

That said, the skin must be crispy.

Im not a expert, so i can be saying something extremly ignorant, but, from what i remember of the aforementioned talk, it was not natural hormones from the chicken, it was artificial hormones that are inserted in the chicken meat so that it becomes bigger and more tastier, and it can afflict humans because after you eat it, the hormones can go to your blood vessels.

I checked online, and i found out two articles that talked about that (this and this), i dont know if i should believe in then because sometimes is just random paranoia, but anyway, i vote in: "better to eat chicken skin with parsimony just to be sure"

Level 1 ~ Revenant ~ Freelancer (Adventurer)

Strenght (STR): 1
Dexterity
(DEX): 4
Stamina
(STA): 1

Constitution (CON): 2
Wisdom
(WIS): 4
Charisma
(CHA): 3

"One little fading light against a wold of darkness"

Battle Log

It's got to be crispy! I love chicken skin on my rotisserie chicken, especially when cooked with herbs and spices. If I am cooking the chicken myself, however, I will cut all the skin and icky parts off. 

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

Archived