Forums are back in action! ×

Awesomeness Abounds!

BlamedCat

I could make a post about every awesome thing that happened this week, but I felt the urge to roll it all up into one, so here we go :D

1. I broke the 250 lbs. limit and am officially down to 248 lbs!!  Soon I'll be down 40 lbs from when I started my journey this year.  I'll TOTALLY be back in here cheering up a storm when I do, but this is awesome!

2.  My wife and I had our first ever workout date!  We've always been foodies and gone out to eat or a movie, but in this effort to level up our lives, we've actually stepped out and done something different.  It was a blast and I can't wait for the next one!

3. I've NEVER done free weight workouts before, but this week I've been steeping all sorts of out of my comfort zone and doing dumbbell exercises and today was a HUGE hurdle.  I summoned up my "20 seconds of courage", stopped collecting underpants gnomes, went to the squat station, and actually attempted (and succeeded) DEADLIFTS today!  I'm SO stoked!  And it was almost second nature once I got the form down (still have some tweaks to make) but they are AWESOME!

4. I also found myself in the spotlight in Steve's article today.  That was pretty epic and humbling to think that I've come this far and yet there's a whole world to level up with that I never realized before! :D

Oh and all of you totally ROCK!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

#1 - ROCK ON!! <hi5>
#2 - ra-rawr!! Exercise dates are so amazingly awesome! ;) Congrats to you and Lady Cat for taking time out to be with each and get healthy together!!
#3 - I KNEW IT!!! I so totally knew you'd love 'em!! :D I'm SO OMGBBQHAMPSTERS proud of you for finally kicking the fear/hesitation/worry in the arse and gettin' out there and just doing it!! YAY for deadlifts!!
#4 - woot woot!

Keep it up, bro!! :D

Thank you two!  MW, you've been so encouraging ever since we met!  <hi5>

Laces, thank you for stopping by, yeah the workout date is easily my favorite part of the whole accomplishment list.  It's such a blessing to have a mate that is wanting to get healthy with me :)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Wow, all that awesomeness! Congrats on everything!

Thank you! :D  

*happy dance* (>o.o)><(o.o<) Go go, raspberry kitty!

<chuckles>  You are such a ham!  Thank you, Rei!  <hug>

Way to go! I also recently summoned up my courage and picked up a barbell for the first time. I felt so stoked! Congratulations!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

OMG! I didn't realize from what you wrote that YOU were literally the star of Steve's post today - dude, you ROCK!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

Way to go! I also recently summoned up my courage and picked up a barbell for the first time. I felt so stoked! Congratulations!

Thank you!  Oh that's awesome, Avalonna!  What did you do with it?  ;)

OMG! I didn't realize from what you wrote that YOU were literally the star of Steve's post today - dude, you ROCK!

LOL  I was trying to say it without saying it lol.  :D  Thank you.  I look forward to having one with my wife and I too someday, that would rock more!

I started out with deadlifts and squats. I aggravated an old knee injury recently when trying one-legged squats, so I am trying to go very easy at first.

I started out with deadlifts and squats. I aggravated an old knee injury recently when trying one-legged squats, so I am trying to go very easy at first.

Wow, good job!  Even in spite of the knee aggravation, I have to tip my hat to you for doing one-legged squats.  That's beastly!  

Well, they were one-leg eccentric squats, and only to a chair - single leg down, both legs up. Not all that beastly, but beastly enough to thrash my knee. :(

Well, they were one-leg eccentric squats, and only to a chair - single leg down, both legs up. Not all that beastly, but beastly enough to thrash my knee. :(

Well, that's still beastly enough for me lol.  I hope you get better soon.

Archived