Forums are back in action! ×

Shameless self-promotion

TeaKwonDo

I'm still learning the ropes on pressure cooking, but recipes for long, slow-cooking things like corned beef and oxtail soup seem to require 45-60 min in the pressure cooker. Think it's worth a shot? The last thing I want is to open up the pot and have a pile of beef and veggies with all the flavor cooked out of it.

I mean I don't see why not. I have a hard time imagining chili with flavor cooked out... Usually the longer it cooks the better. And if all else fails, reseason :-) But seriously, never used one. But I googled pressure cooker chili, found this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pressure-cooker-chili-recipe/index.html,  and everything Alton Brown does is genius so I'd use his method/time. Let me know how it goes!

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

It looks great! do you have more pictures? Looks New52 as well!

Yep, 'twas New 52! =D Are you a comic-y fellow?

Got more pictures here: http://x.locketheart.org/2012/12/20121208-new-york-comic-con-wo.html

I mean I don't see why not. I have a hard time imagining chili with flavor cooked out... Usually the longer it cooks the better. And if all else fails, reseason :-) But seriously, never used one. But I googled pressure cooker chili, found this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pressure-cooker-chili-recipe/index.html,  and everything Alton Brown does is genius so I'd use his method/time. Let me know how it goes!

Sweet, thanks for the link! Can't wait to try it out when I get home. Gotta use non-oven cooking methods during the summer 'cause it heats up the house something fierce, so the pressure cooker gets a looooot of playtime.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Yep, 'twas New 52! =D Are you a comic-y fellow?

Got more pictures here: http://x.locketheart.org/2012/12/20121208-new-york-comic-con-wo.html

I am very much a comic book fan, my collection is literally bursting at the seams and my Green Lantern, Blue Lantern, Superman and Bizarro tattoos are a testament to my love of comics.

I love the costume, it looks great, a lotta love gone into it! You're quite the Amazonian Demi-Goddess!

Go BIG, or go home.

I am very much a comic book fan, my collection is literally bursting at the seams and my Green Lantern, Blue Lantern, Superman and Bizarro tattoos are a testament to my love of comics.

I love the costume, it looks great, a lotta love gone into it! You're quite the Amazonian Demi-Goddess!

/highfive Wicked. Got any pics of the tattoos?

And thanks for the compliments! Pulling it together in time for the convention was a feat of Wonder in and of itself, haha.

Well my blog is about my photography business more than my personal life, but its http://www.chelonisphoto.com/

What a lovely blog! A couple of my friends are looking to go pro with their photography, so it's great to see what the real freelance life is like. =)

Train hard. Drink tea.

Well my blog is about my photography business more than my personal life, but its http://www.chelonisphoto.com/

Beautiful pictures and beautiful site! I still kinda wish I got deeper into photography, I loved it...

I don't blog or anything but I'm the drummer in a rock'n'roll band - www.bandpage.com/bergo45

We're always pleased to receive likes, listens, or comments!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Beautiful pictures and beautiful site! I still kinda wish I got deeper into photography, I loved it...

I don't blog or anything but I'm the drummer in a rock'n'roll band - www.bandpage.com/bergo45

Nice Warwolf, I'm grooving to Run It right now. I've got to ask, Rock Band drums - ever play? Love it or hate it?

Kessihl - Level 2 Half Elf / Human1 (STR)  2 (DEX)  2 (STA)  3 (CON)  6 (WIS) 3 (CHA)  Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 

What a lovely blog! A couple of my friends are looking to go pro with their photography, so it's great to see what the real freelance life is like. =)

If your friends haven't discovered CreativeLive yet tell them it is a must! You learn so much for FREE on that site. 

Kessihl - Level 2 Half Elf / Human1 (STR)  2 (DEX)  2 (STA)  3 (CON)  6 (WIS) 3 (CHA)  Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 

Liked, listening, and here's your comment: keep us posted on your gigs 'n stuff for us lower-NY NF-ers!

If your friends haven't discovered CreativeLive yet tell them it is a must! You learn so much for FREE on that site. 

Thanks for the tip, will let them know ASAP! Did it help you kick off your career?

Train hard. Drink tea.

Liked, listening, and here's your comment: keep us posted on your gigs 'n stuff for us lower-NY NF-ers!

Thanks for the tip, will let them know ASAP! Did it help you kick off your career?

Not kick it off, but the resources are absolutely responsible for my confidence in my career currently. 

Heya all, been working on the blog and aside from domain issues (have to use a temp domain until the end of May, hence the weird numbers in the url), it's starting to look like a real thing, haha. All the same, if anyone wants to take a look and give some feedback, it would be really appreciated. =)

Your blog is fun! I love drinking tea but I don't make time for it at home any more. Your site could inspire me to get back to it. I like the look of your blog, its right to business and the content speaks for itself. 

Your blog is fun! I love drinking tea but I don't make time for it at home any more. Your site could inspire me to get back to it. I like the look of your blog, its right to business and the content speaks for itself. 

La gasp! There's always time for tea. Have you thought about going for the bagged kind when you're in a rush? There's also a bunch of steep-'n-go tumbler mugs out there.

Train hard. Drink tea.

There is always time for tea. Especially in Irish culture

You get home from work - cup of tea

Watching tv - cup of tea

Guests call over - POT of tea

Funerals - TEA

Bored? Tea

About to go to bed? Tea

Knowing you're about to have a long conversation on the phone, you guessed it, TEA.

Go BIG, or go home.

Love this thread.  I just bookmarked so many blogs you guys!  :D

I have a food blog that I have fun with.  It's pretty paleo so far but I'm sure eventually some not-100%-paleo stuff will show up on there.  :)

And can I just say, three cheers for tea!  :D  I looove tea.  I drink black tea (Earl Grey is my favorite!) in the AM and rooibos in the PM.  And Irish, your comment about conversations on the phone make my chuckle aloud, because whenever I call my family members (usually once per weekend), I make a pot of tea first so I am all set with my steaming mug before I make those calls.  :)

There is always time for tea. Especially in Irish culture

You get home from work - cup of tea

Watching tv - cup of tea

Guests call over - POT of tea

Funerals - TEA

Bored? Tea

About to go to bed? Tea

Knowing you're about to have a long conversation on the phone, you guessed it, TEA.

Lawl, you must have a hell of a caffeine resistance by now. What kind do you usually drink?

Screw it, I should just move to Ireland. You guys have horses, too, I'd be all set for life.

Love this thread.  I just bookmarked so many blogs you guys!   :D

I have a food blog that I have fun with.  It's pretty paleo so far but I'm sure eventually some not-100%-paleo stuff will show up on there.   :)

And can I just say, three cheers for tea!   :D  I looove tea.  I drink black tea (Earl Grey is my favorite!) in the AM and rooibos in the PM.  And Irish, your comment about conversations on the phone make my chuckle aloud, because whenever I call my family members (usually once per weekend), I make a pot of tea first so I am all set with my steaming mug before I make those calls.   :)

I love your blog, too! Bacony beets, GENIUS. Never thought about putting the two together before, 'cause usually it's bacon and brussels or other green things, but it makes so much sense! Where did you get the idea?

Also doing the same thing with tea, herbals in the PM and caffeinated teas in the AM, otherwise sleep doesn't happen. Heck, even too much caffeine in the morning can keep me up during the night, which is the craziest thing. Like last Friday I did a couple cups of chai before 11am, fast forward to 1am and I'm still wide awake. Horrendous. Does that ever happen to you?

Train hard. Drink tea.

Just normal tea, I think it might be called breakfast tea over there, but it's just tea. No herbal or flavoured parts, just plain old delicious yea!

We have some of the best horses in the world, we're famous for it...which reminds me, I want to learn to horse ride before I emigrate...for fun!

Go BIG, or go home.

Just normal tea, I think it might be called breakfast tea over there, but it's just tea. No herbal or flavoured parts, just plain old delicious yea!

We have some of the best horses in the world, we're famous for it...which reminds me, I want to learn to horse ride before I emigrate...for fun!

It's nearly bedtime for me, which is probably why I got the impression you drink horse tea. I've not tried that one. So far my favourite non-standard tea (mmm, English Breakfast...) is proving to be peppermint.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

You most certainly do, no wonder you guys are always placing at the top of the world for the Olympics 'n such. And gasp, you've never been in the saddle? Time to get your own Super Horse, man. (Or Sleipnir if you're more of a Marvel dude.)

It's nearly bedtime for me, which is probably why I got the impression you drink horse tea. I've not tried that one. So far my favourite non-standard tea (mmm, English Breakfast...) is proving to be peppermint.

What'dya know, it exists.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Currently working on a non-profit organization to promote/conserve human rights and mainly put an end to human trafficking. If anyone is interested in helping, drop a line to me!

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

You most certainly do, no wonder you guys are always placing at the top of the world for the Olympics 'n such. And gasp, you've never been in the saddle? Time to get your own Super Horse, man. (Or Sleipnir if you're more of a Marvel dude.)

I'm more of a DC fan, og Super Horse, you're Super Lame. I did it once when I was 15 and did it wrong and pulled ALL the muscles in my back! I'm determined to get back on the horse, literally, and do it right!

If you look up Barry's or Lyons tea, you'll know what I mean, it's just tea!

Go BIG, or go home.

I love your blog, too! Bacony beets, GENIUS. Never thought about putting the two together before, 'cause usually it's bacon and brussels or other green things, but it makes so much sense! Where did you get the idea?

Also doing the same thing with tea, herbals in the PM and caffeinated teas in the AM, otherwise sleep doesn't happen. Heck, even too much caffeine in the morning can keep me up during the night, which is the craziest thing. Like last Friday I did a couple cups of chai before 11am, fast forward to 1am and I'm still wide awake. Horrendous. Does that ever happen to you?

I honestly don't remember where the bacony beets idea came from!  It turned out sooooo good though.  I'm a huge fan of sweet and salty, and the beets were just sweet enough to hit those notes.  I used canned beets, but this summer I am going to get some fresh ones from the farmer's market, roast 'em up, and then make the dish again.  NOM.  I looove brussels with bacon and a little bals vin.  If I'm having a primal meal (instead of paleo), I'll add some blue cheese too.  So good.

OMG caffeine and I are soooo not on speaking terms.  My one cup of tea in the AM is quite literally all the caffeine I can have...like, if I drink my AM tea, I can't eat chocolate, drink more tea, or have other caffeinated beverages later on in the day if I want to sleep at night.  My mom is super sensitive to caffeine too so I am assuming I inherited it from her.  If I were to have 2 or 3 cups of regular black tea in the morning, you bet I'd be in the same boat that night....wide awake until 1 or 2 am.  Not fun. 

Irish, how long do you steep your tea?  I get different recommendations for steep time from different sources...

(also, knockingdog, I think we have a tea obsession in common!  I have an entire cabinet in my kitchen just for my tea, teapots/cups/mugs, and various tea-related accessories! :D)

Archived