Forums are back in action! ×

best place to buy coconut oil online?

I'm about out of the coconut oil that i bought a little while ago.  I'd like to replace it, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it.  If i can find a bulk item that's cheaper per ounce, I'd prefer to buy that.  Does anyone know of a good place to buy it online?

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

If you really do mean bulk, you can get a 5 gallon pail at Tropical Traditions for $135.  That's $0.20 per fl oz.

If you want something slightly more reasonable in bulk quantities, they have a sale for the next 2 days on their gold label virgin 1 gallon pails for $65.  That's $0.50 per fl oz.

The brand I use is also on sale right now on Amazon for just 16 oz for $7.31, at $0.46 per oz (note: oz, not fl oz -- seems like 15mL = 14g for coconut oil, so that'd be about 16.2 fl oz if my math's right).

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

I second tropical traditions! I have a gallon pail, since I use it not just for eating/cooking but for making my own personal care products. The gold label stuff is by far the best deal for superior quality, but all of their varieties are good.

The chart here might help you decide what type to get. If you don't care for more of a coconut flavor in the oil, the cheaper types are more mild so that might be another plus.

If you really do mean bulk, you can get a 5 gallon pail at Tropical Traditions for $135.  That's $0.20 per fl oz.

If you want something slightly more reasonable in bulk quantities, they have a sale for the next 2 days on their gold label virgin 1 gallon pails for $65.  That's $0.50 per fl oz.

The brand I use is also on sale right now on Amazon for just 16 oz for $7.31, at $0.46 per oz (note: oz, not fl oz -- seems like 15mL = 14g for coconut oil, so that'd be about 16.2 fl oz if my math's right).

Seconded. :)

Archived