Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

I don't understand people who get bent out of shape when one or even a few people don't partake of the food that everyone else is eating. Back when I ate like a garbage disposal, I loved people who turned down food. It meant more for me. Looking back, it was sort of weird how I operated. I would offer people food, secretly hoping that they turn it down so I could eat it instead. I basically used healthy people as an excuse to eat larger than normal portions.

• Like 4

"your on a diet? Why are you on a diet your not fat" was a comment from a work colleague. My answer was yes but I was fat and I am still overweight what I wanted to say was "it was bloody difficult to slim down and I don't need advice from a fat bastard like you".

• Like 4

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

I've been getting all kinds. the most common is

"You are losing weight too fast, that isn't healthy! You must be starving yourself!!!"  and my typical response is "Actually this is the healthiest I have ever been, and I am eating four times what I was when I was overweight.  I am checking in with my doctor regularly, and what I am doing is definitely healthy, but thanks for your concern"

• Like 2

I haven't made a goal, I have made a lifestyle change.

I am not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

It was hard to make changes at first, I will never go back.

The only person that was standing in my way was me.

Now that I have gotten out of my way, nothing can stop me!

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

Challenges -(1),(2),(3), Current

The most annoying thing I get is this:

Anon friend who is semi-fitness aware - "So the hike is your long term goal, what's your short term goal"

Me - "I want to walk to town and back without having to stop on the way."

Anon - "No, that's a mid term goal, you need to think smaller."

Uhm, I'm sorry.  I didn't realize that I needed to okay my thought processes with anyone?

• Like 1

“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.†~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Back on form next challenge

The most annoying thing I get is this:

Anon friend who is semi-fitness aware - "So the hike is your long term goal, what's your short term goal"

Me - "I want to walk to town and back without having to stop on the way."

Anon - "No, that's a mid term goal, you need to think smaller."

Uhm, I'm sorry.  I didn't realize that I needed to okay my thought processes with anyone?

I had a goal of running an ultra.  I had to break it down so I wouldn't get defeated.  But other people said why would you want to do that?

Because I would actually like to have the ability to do a persistence hunt and to do that I have to be able to run.  

How far can you run now?

about 20 feet

you should look at more realistic goals

I agree with you, my way of thinking is different than yours, so if you want to support me, do it.  If you don't understand my goals then don't give me advice on yours.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I had a goal of running an ultra.  I had to break it down so I wouldn't get defeated.  But other people said why would you want to do that?

Because I would actually like to have the ability to do a persistence hunt and to do that I have to be able to run.  

How far can you run now?

about 20 feet

you should look at more realistic goals

I agree with you, my way of thinking is different than yours, so if you want to support me, do it.  If you don't understand my goals then don't give me advice on yours.

Exactly my perspective.  I'm an incredibly long term thinker.  Planning for the next week is a mammoth chore for me, but I have 10 year goals, and the plans to get there all perfectly aligned in my brain.  My short term is about 6-9 months, because anything shorter than that for me is pointless.  Everyone's so different.

People be crazy :I

“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.†~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Back on form next challenge

I'm new to the Nerd Fitness stuff, but I managed to get a pretty decent comment yesterday.

A coworker (who's on Weight Watchers) asks me what I ate to recover from a tough early morning workout.

Me: "Oh, I ate two bananas-"

Coworker: "You gotta watch that. Fruit is all sugar. You'll gain weight."

She then takes a bite out of her donut. 

I'm sorry, what?

I just kinda looked at her funny. Didn't really know what to say that was professional.

I can relate to this... and it's very, uh... it's a very teeth grinding experience to have to listen to this sort of thing. I can't imagine what you were wanting to say to your colleague. 

A few years ago at work, one of the ladies here in our office was asking me about my weight loss. I explained the story, but just to save a "tl;dr" it's pretty much healthier eating and exercise. 

Out of nowhere, this other lady pops into the conversation. She's a short lady and... not to be rude, she is quite round too. She interrupts our conversation, "You don't lose weight with diet and exercise. It's been proven you can't lose weight."

I had absolutely no idea what to say and neither did the lady I was originally talking to. We were both just kind of stunned and... well I kinda just walked out. 

• Like 3

Dude, they've totally proven that water is bad for you.  They've found water inside cancerous tumors, AND nuculear reactors! 

PROVEN!

It is also the leading cause of drowning.

• Like 3

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

R, what are you doing at 4.45am this morning.

Me, gonna do my workout.

R, why now?

Me, because you want to leave in like three hours.

R, you know you are going to hurt yourself, I've seen the bar you have too much weight on it, women your age shouldn't lift heavy.

Me, hmm really? There are women older than me lifting half their body weight or more. If you come out and spot for me it might not be so "dangerous".

R, snore............

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Then both are gramatically correct?

I wouldn't be able to give you a definite yes or no to that, I'm far from perfect when it comes to grammar. Reading that sentence, adjusted for each term makes sense to me though....

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)