Forums are back in action! ×

Spezzy made me do it...

Relic

390lb deadlift!

Spezzy was my inspiration (her recent 380lb lift). I had pretty much given up on increasing my deadlift because I kept hurting my back but her PR got me back into it. I was smarter with my training so no back issues this time around.

(sorry for the bad camera angle)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Nice.  Always worrying to see someone lift me strapped to either side of a bar.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

The lift itself went up rather quickly, I'd say you could be 4-wheeling if you put your mind to it. The only thing that looked a bit off was the grip work on the way back down.. looked like you were losing the bar into your fingertips. Get that grip work, son!

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Awesome! I've had chronic back pain for years and most recently from trying dead lifts. I'm jealous of you all with good form.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

Nice.  Always worrying to see someone lift me strapped to either side of a bar.

Future NF meetup activity..XcD Deadlift two nerds hanging off a bar!

I'm doing pathetic dead lifts at this point- so my proverbial hat is off to you!!

Hey! No more talking down to yourself! We're all on our own journey with our own strengths and weaknesses. *grins* but thankz

The lift itself went up rather quickly, I'd say you could be 4-wheeling if you put your mind to it. The only thing that looked a bit off was the grip work on the way back down.. looked like you were losing the bar into your fingertips. Get that grip work, son!

Last year if I had done a lift like this I would have added more weight despite the PR...which is where my back issues came from. So this was a big win in my restraint department. My grip has been my goat for the last two years, this was actually much better that previous max attempts because I have been (and will continue to) really work on my grip. Next challenge : 4 wheels

Awesome! I've had chronic back pain for years and most recently from trying dead lifts. I'm jealous of you all with good form.

My back's been bad on and off for two years. I've cut my barbell training back, focused on form (under and away from the bar), and used more bodyweight training and it's paid off. Keep trying new things, strength will help protect your back but you have to find a form of strength training that won't aggravate it to get there.

Nice! I cannot wait until Im lifting in that range! Today, I lifted 175, but I know I can lift more. I'm moving it up 10lb each workout so I do not compromise form

stay slow and steady, and it's amazing how fast you get there.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Nice job! spezzy has a way of motivating people just by the fact that she is freakishly (in a good way) strong. I know I've pushed myself because of her at times.

I'm gonna lose exactly 13 lbs, and change my name to 4 wheels.

Then I'm gonna maintain my weight and bring my DL into the mid 200s.

Then I'll switch 'em.   :)

I approve of this plan Future-4-Wheels. :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived