Forums are back in action! ×

3 things

-My laid-back manager. I missed the bus for work today and he was all "Well whatever, it happens. See you later!"

-My own willpower. I didn't bring enough food with me to work today. For the last hour on the job I felt like fainting. It's been a long time since I felt that shitty, but I persevered, all the way through closing, and a 50 minute bus ride, and 30 minutes of cooking after being on my feet all day. I didn't cave and buy evil from the food court, either!

-My new cookbook; when I finally got home I made Pad Thai from 'scratch' in just 30 minutes... I highly recommend "Well Fed: Paleo recipes for people who love to eat" by Melissa Joulwan... that is, if you are interested in paleo, AND saving time. AND eating food that TASTES LIKE EPIC.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

-Go glad I kept within my calorie count today. I even incorporated a bit of a treat.

-My pumpkin spice latte brought me much happiness

-I am always thankful for time I get to spend with my little girl. We had lots of wonderful Mommy-Daughter time today

"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

"So once you know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Three things I'm thankful for today would be how awesome synchronicity can be, having found such a sweet support network, and my continuing motivation to push myself farther.

Synchronicity <3 and the other two are just as great!!! Welcome to the Rebellion :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

My three for today: 

1. that my favorite restaurant makes perfectly cooked asparagus

2. that I have friends who really get what its like inside my head and help me change it when I am not sure what else to do

3. that I dont feel the need to sacrifice my own well being for the love of others

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My three for today...

1. Salt. I accidentally bought low-sodium pickles. So now I just be sprinkling extra on! I don't have much salt on my paleo diet by default so I take it where I can get it (mostly in sardines, pickles and bacon).

2. Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. It's a paleo cookbook that has revolutionized my kitchen experience... I save a lot of time, and have a lot more fun thanks to her and her ingenious 'hot plates' and 'weekly cook-ups'. I also know exactly how much fresh meat and produce to buy to sustain me for exactly a week for a good protein/carb/fat ratio. It's really neat.

3. The shipment at work... because I forgot my cell phone. Normally I'd go insane without it at work for lack of things to do... but today there was lots to do! So I did those things... and didn't miss my celly too badly.

Primal Chai

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

1. Finally having another female co-worker.

2. There's a health food store near my work. Today I was especially glad to have it. Forgot to pack a lunch.

3. TGIF... Well. Sunday. Cuz I have Mon/tues off!

Primal Chai

1. That my oldest child is 15 and most strangers are shocked that I'm his mom and not his sister :)

2. That I finally am getting this boundaries business

3. That it's challenge time again :D :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. Gluten-Free chip stand down the street. Sure it's outside the bounds of primal food, but once a month, when I really put off grocery shopping... until I literally have no food left to eat... it's a life saver. It's conveniently located on the way to the grocery store. Sweet. I stop there to eat some fries with gluten free gravy, gather my strength for the long haul to the grocery store and back.

2. My kitty is sleeping on my lap today. All day. She's been keeping me snuggled.

3. Naps. I carb crashed after the cheat meal mentioned above. But it's all good when I have sleep on my side!

Primal Chai

1. They has dulse flakes at the local health food store.

2.  Played on the playground along side my daughter.  We climbed up the slides a bunch of times.

3.  Got some 'last chance' vitamin D production before the onset of long winter nights.

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

-I can gain so much energy from consuming fat/protein now... it's amazing.

-Dedication. I cooked EVERYTHING I wanted to today... http://primalchai.blogspot.ca/2013/09/kitchen-day.html

-My computer. Finally after working so hard, I can take this last hour and relax, knowing I've done the best I can today.

Primal Chai

1. That I held it together even after my interview being canceled and having to wait for this job AGAIN
2. That making good choices that are in my best interest is getting easier every day
3. That I have such awesome people in my Accountabilibuddies group :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. rain last night. 
2. puddles and warm squishy mud this morning.

3. stomping in said puddles and squishing toes in said mud with my 3yo.  Bliss.

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

Thankful for...

-my epic meal planning. I had meatza pie for lunch, scotched eggs for breakfast, and I'm going to have some grilled chicken and mashed cauliflower before sleeping.

-new shoes. My old ones had a big hole in the toe... and I was working in them. Looked sort of unprofessional. Now I look a little more put-together again.

-sleep. because I need some. Goodnight!

Primal Chai

1. that I live next to a grocery store and can send my kids for TV dinners on bad days

2. that I will always believe in the possibility of love, now that I know what it feels like

3. that yoga feels good mentally and physically and takes zero preparation or equipment

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

That I am spending the next 2 days out of the office on a business trip (it has been a while since I traveled and I have missed it.)

That my husband already called to say he misses me.

That I found this thread because what an excellent idea and a great way to think positively!

I love these and I'm glad you are here :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My 3 for today:

1. That Im learning that I can be open and vulnerable and it won't kill me to do so

2. That my Color cards came yesterday

3. That I have enough vision that I can see colors perfectly

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Wow, good for you Bekah, on "learning to be open and vulnerable..." That is so tough, I need to learn that/improve about a thousand times on that.

For me today -

1. Wore a dress I haven't worn in ages, it fit beautifully, looked great, and disguised very nicely the fact that as my body fat % is down, I have almost nothing left up front.

2. So grateful that my normal commute at home involves no freeways

3. Loved hearing from my stepbrother... I don't love Facebook, but if it keeps me in touch with family that I wouldn't communicate with otherwise, it is worth the occasional visit. An NPR story triggered a memory, I sent him a note about it, and he responded. It is a start!

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

1. grape lights in my Sukkah

2. GF pumpkin cupcakes

3. playing board games with my son after everyone else has gone to sleep