Forums are back in action! ×

3 things

Wow, good for you Bekah, on "learning to be open and vulnerable..." That is so tough, I need to learn that/improve about a thousand times on that.

For me today -

1. Wore a dress I haven't worn in ages, it fit beautifully, looked great, and disguised very nicely the fact that as my body fat % is down, I have almost nothing left up front.

2. So grateful that my normal commute at home involves no freeways

3. Loved hearing from my stepbrother... I don't love Facebook, but if it keeps me in touch with family that I wouldn't communicate with otherwise, it is worth the occasional visit. An NPR story triggered a memory, I sent him a note about it, and he responded. It is a start!

It's taken me a LONG time to do that, and even now its so scary I just about lose my mind, but I push through it anyway, and it gets easier every single time! Just being aware that its a struggle is a BIG step, in my opinion :) 

1. grape lights in my Sukkah

2. GF pumpkin cupcakes

3. playing board games with my son after everyone else has gone to sleep

awwww what a great feeling :) 

1. the baby in my belly

2. the fact that my kids seem to enjoy our first year of home school

3. My husband

Congratulations!!! :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm going to do more than three today because I had lots of awesome happen last night after I posted this too!

1. That I easily fit into my tub and took an awesome bubble bath with candles, music and a good book last night

2. That I slept great

3. That the people I'm closest to don't hesitate to kick me in the ass when I need it

4. That I set a running PR

5. That I decorated my room 90% of the way I want it

6. That I have the strength of will to do the hard shit even when it scares me to death

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Today I'm thankful for...

1. Being able to have a guaranteed 8-hour sleep tonight. I haven't had one all week and I'm suffering for it. Goddamn work and it's stupid scheduling.

2.Thankful we made our budget for the day at work. It was insanely busy today so it went by quickly.

3. Thankful for the rain. I don't know why, but sometimes I crave a day when the skies are grey. Today was one of them.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Thankful for...

- Today I braved my first canned "smoked herring seafood snack". I've never had sardines or anything like that before. I'm happy to say I enjoyed it. Now I know I have a good source of calcium and O3 I enjoy.

- Exercise. Before I used to think I'd always be more tired if I started exercising. Now I know that if I manage to do my strength-base HIITs in the morning, I have an abundance of energy throughout the day. Even if my arms are a little wobbly at first.

- Timothy's World Coffee. I'm not sure how big of a name they are, but there's a coffee shop in the mall I work called that. It has really yummy organic teas. Today I discovered "apricot green tea". It was delicious!

Primal Chai

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

1.) I have amazing mom's- of all types- dance mom real mom- friend mom.  

2.) I'm a survivor- I will MAKE a change happen when I am unhappy with my life.

3.)  SPCA FINALLY actually fucking did something- as in. show up and actually looked at this poor dog.  who knows what will happen- but at least I did the right legal thing to do as a starters!

2.) I'm a survivor- I will MAKE a change happen when I am unhappy with my life.

3.)  SPCA FINALLY actually fucking did something- as in. show up and actually looked at this poor dog.  who knows what will happen- but at least I did the right legal thing to do as a starters!

YES!!! :D :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. I found a workable starting point for a problem that cropped up 

2. My daughter is home with me again permanently

3. Things aren't so bad after I put a choke hold on the neurotic crazy woman that lives in my head and tries to run things occasionally. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thankful...

-that I get the next two days off. I hate my job. Not a fan of working more than 6 days in a row (worked 8 this time). I need to get my shit together and get out of retail asap.

-that I had time to play EVE Online with corpmates and we PvPed and stuff.

-that I can sleep in as long as I want tomorrow. Goodnight!

Primal Chai

1. That even though neurotic crazy woman popped her head out today (for good reason, but still) I told her to shut her trap...eventually.

2. That I had Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea in the cabinet

3. That I even on my worst days, when I want to give up entirely, it doesn't last very long. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. I had a fantastic long weekend that included a wonderful hike on Monday and a completely painless 50th birthday.

2. Autumn has come, the leaves are changing, and there is that wonderful nip in the air

3. I found my favorite sparkly nail polish and I can paint my toenails with it again. I bought this in honor of a favorite, flamboyantly gay uncle whom I adored. He has since passed, but everytime I use this polish, it reminds me of him and I appreciate again how wonderful it was to have him in my life.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

1. That we had a fantastic thunderstorm all day today and I got to sit out on the balcony and read and Skype all day :)

2. That I made a new friend who helped me see another possible employment avenue

3. That I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thankful...

-for my boyfriend. He's awesome, and manages to be supportive even when he's far away.

-for the day off. I was able to relax. Play Skyrim, make chocolate, and indulge.

-for food. It's yummy.

Primal Chai

Today's Three:

1. I didn't even have much anxiety at all over doing another job application

2. Green tea with Mint and Honey

3. I got an open invite to go visit a dear friend whenever I am able <3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thankful for...

-getting my groceries done

-getting most of my weekly cookup done

-my cell phone... because I use it while I'm cooking to take pix and as a timer.

Will blog tomorrow, since I decided to play Skyrim tonight instead.

Primal Chai

OMG I WANT A BOSU!!! <3 and chocolate milk is yummy! I'm glad your mom is doing better too!

Thanks, Bekah!  We are in the planning stages to build a new house (ours is beyond tiny) and are planning a nice exercise room. I swear, a BOSU will be the first thing I buy for that room!

1. The truly nice people who are the members of the consortium that I direct. I got to spend time at a site today and really enjoyed the interaction with the folks we help.

2. Cafe Rio - I almost never eat out, but I know this restaurant from family visits to another state - what's not to love about yummy pulled pork, a pile of salad greens, salsa, and black beans?  I didn't bring my lunch as I was doing the site visit so when I got back to town, I enjoyed this treat.

3. Push-ups - I love how strong I feel doing them well.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

I don't feel grateful for much today, so I'm going to go with simple.

1. My body, for being strong and capable of most things I attempt

2. My heart, for loving fully and completely

3. My children, for being my biggest reason to never give up

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn