Forums are back in action! ×

3 things

Today's 3:

1. Didn't kill anyone. Ok, there were many more good things, but Im not so grateful at the moment, maybe I should do six as penance! LOL!

2. My financial situation improved slightly

3. I cooked dinner and it tasted good

4. My morning was absolutely amazing

5. I have a place to live

6. I am excited for the future  

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

1. Getting to see my family, and spend time with my older brother who I only met a year ago.

2. My fiance who believes in me and supports me no matter what.

3. Having a place to live and people I can depend on. 

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

1. My FitBit finally arrived in the mail - yay!

2. I got in a nice long run before work this morning.

3. My amazing friends, who make a hard day at work so much better.

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

1. I won't ever be broken by my life's struggles. It will kill me before it beats me

2. I will never lose hope for a better tomorrow

3. I will always stand behind what I believe in, no matter what it may cost me.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Right now I'm thankful for:

1. This thread, for reminding me to take stock of what I have and be grateful

2. The planning that I did just now, in preparation for my 1st 6 Week Challenge - stoked!

3. The warm cozy bed I'm lying in

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

1.  My twin bro moved back to my part of town today!!

2.  My microwave rage quit on me last night, I complained about it on facebook, and then a former coworker of mine offered to sell me her microwave for $20. Okay, sure!  So, I got an awesome, gently used microwave for WAY less than it would have been new.

3.  Yesterday, my lovely daughter graduated kindergarten.  It was cute and silly and all the things a kindergarten graduation should be.  The real surprise came when I got Liz's folder full of work from throughout the school year.  One of the projects was a "Superhero Cape," a paper cape with her name in the middle and all kinds of nice things written around it in the teacher's handwriting.  Turns out, the compliments came from classmates.  The teacher had each kid take a turn in front of the class, and asked the other kids to describe her.  Here's what they said:

Gets along with everyone

Happy

Nice

Super smart

Pretty

Thoughtful

Beautiful

She doesn't judge anyone

Thoughtful?  Non-judgmental? Nice?

YES!!  These are the values that we've been trying to instill in her!   :tears_of_joy:   Compassion and empathy FTW!!  (of course, the rest of the stuff is great, too, but this world needs kind and compassionate people more than anything)

Right now I'm thankful for:

1. This thread, for reminding me to take stock of what I have and be grateful

2. The planning that I did just now, in preparation for my 1st 6 Week Challenge - stoked!

3. The warm cozy bed I'm lying in

YES!!!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1.  My twin bro watched my daughter for a couple hours so I had time for a particularly vigorous workout and a long, uninterrupted shower.  I needed that little bit of quiet.

2.  My daughter's dad.  Along with delicious beer, I am going to get him a thank you card for Fathers Day.  I dropped her off at his house today and we had a good talk about what the summer's going to look like for her.

3.  The little one herself.  She's sweet, thoughtful, and she's been on an exponential hilarity curve lately.

1. My brother got his first big job at a company! Also it's a desk job, so maybe I can convince him to join NF... ;)

2. My dad's business trip got postponed, so we can work on his aquaponics system like he's been wanting to.

3. I have a grapefruit~!

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Three things I am thankful for this morning, although they certainly don't make me "happy":

1. That I had 16 wonderful years with my dog, and so many memories since coming home from camp and being greeted by a fluffy white dog I had never seen before; 16 years mostly unmarred by sickness or by tragedy. "Do not grieve that he is no more; be thankful that he was". I am so thankful for him.

2. That I had the chance to say goodbye. I can't be there when our family says our final goodbyes, but I was able to go over to my parents' this morning and spend some time with him, give him all the hugs and kisses and treats that I could, and my last memory of him is his tail wagging and his tongue hanging out in a doggy smile.

3. That I have friends and family who understand, who are there to support me, even though my immediate family is all going to be away. That I have a support network both on- and off-line who are there to comfort me, to be a shoulder to cry on, and to provide silence or distraction when I need one or the other.

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Tseecka, I am so sorry for your loss. 

1.  In light of that, I am thankful for my Missy Dog, my Nushi Kitty, and my 21-year-old Billie Kitty.  Yep.  She's legit old enough to drink.  All three of them were snuggled up with me last night, and it was just what I needed.

2.  My best friend, Sue.  Yesterday was her birthday.

3.  My friend Steve, who died one year ago yesterday.  He changed my life, and steered me into the company of people who treat me well (like said best friend).  Until I met him, I'd spent my life trying to impress and trying to win favor, often at my own expense.

Now, we didn't all stop being grateful did we??? Where is everyone?

My 3 things for today

1. I'm steadily losing weight

2. My kids are doing well in their respective schools

3. I'm happy with myself and my life

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. I am thankful for my strong legs. They'll allow me to walk with my daughter to the library later.

2. I am thankful for tea. Because I ran out of coffee.

3. I am thankful for healing. My littlest was SO sick last night but woke up with a smile and laughter this morning. =)

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

1. I'm thankful for the fact it's Friday.

2. I'm thankful that I recognized I often take the easy way out and that's no longer an option.

3. I'm thankful my boyfriend and I had a long and painful talk.

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog