Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone still playing Diablo 3?

KingZora

So I just lost my first hardcore character... a level 54 wizard, may he rest in peace...

Which made me wonder if anyone here plays? And even if not... should I make another wizard or a barbarian for my next attempt at level 60?

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Wow, people are still playing diablo 3 after all the disasters that game has had?  I got 10 chars to lvl 60 and a few paragon levels.  By that time I realized a lot of the ins and outs of the game and how it's horrific compared to diablo 2. 

I play torchlight II and path of exile looks like fun.

It really isn't horrific compared to Diablo 2, but it is a completely different game... Torchlight 2 is more comparable to Diablo 2 I think.  I am not here to start a war about the game or be insulted because I enjoy it.  So please take a step back and keep your comments to yourself if all you have to say is go play another game, I have Torchlight 2 and play that as well, though I haven't tried Path of Exile yet.

It is a simple game with some weird quirks that I personally find enjoyable when I want to sit down and kill an hour in the little time I have to play.  Plus they are slowly updating it and greatly improving it... I don't know if anyone remembers Diablo 2 pre-expansion, but frankly the game sucked regardless of how much I enjoyed it at the time... what it really had going for it was the whole new and shiny feel to it and there was nothing earth shattering to compare it to like Diablo 3 had to face.

So let's try this again, is there anyone out there who plays Diablo 3?

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

I bought it when it came out and only played for about an hour before I got booted due to battle.net connectivity issues. I'd like to pick it up again and play to completion, especially since my girlfriend likes to remind me that I spent $100 on the collector's edition and only played it for an hour. 

I think I'm a Demon Hunter.

Level 0

STR (0)  â€¢  DEX (0)  â€¢  STA (0)  â€¢  CON (0)  â€¢  WIS (0)  â€¢  CHA (0)

Introduction  â€¢  6WC 7/28/14-9/7/14  â€¢  Battle Log

Nike+  •  Strava  •  Fitocracy  •  Twitter  •  Blog - As Is  • Instagram

I am my own avatar.

didn't mean any disrespect.  I still liked d3 when I played it.  the forums were a cesspool over the whole summer; along with a personal apology from mike morhaime (I think that's his name) and from jay wilson.  I guess I just can't stand the auction house and how it promotes chinese gold farmers and bots.  embracing that just hurts the legit players.  I would go barb if you reroll but i'm not sure of how much tweaking they've done to them.  the WW was insane.

I play on occasion still, though most of my gaming time is taken up by Guild Wars 2.

Tag is Archbishop #1634, feel free to add me if you like, I'm always up for running Coop games if I'm on.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

I haven't played in awhile and I think the highest I had was the low 30s, but Monk and Barbarian were my 2 favorites.  I know the Necromancer has been beefed some since I played him last and I always enjoyed Skelemancers in D2, so it was worth a look to me.  Sadly Torchlight 2 isn't available for the Mac yet and I haven't seen them mention a Mac* release date yet.

* No need for "If you want to game buy a PC" b/c I'm not installing Windows in Boot Camp :)

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Not to derail the thread too much, but Guild Wars 2 isn't really anything like GW1. The controls are full wasd, though you can--and should--control the camera with the mouse. It certainly isn't a game for everyone, but in my opinion its simply a better made game than GW1 was.

Back on topic; the wizard is by far my favorite class, but I also have had far too much fun playing a demon hunter, simply because of how much evasion they can get, it's so hard to tie them down.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

Journal

Current Challenge

There is a free weekend for GW2 this coming weekend, if you can get your hands on a key https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/try-guild-wars-2-for-free-this-weekend-april-19-21/

PPS. Sorry for highjacking your thread Zora...

Journal

Current Challenge

Archived