Forums are back in action! ×

To grunt or not to grunt?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you grunt?

• Yes
    • No

I love the tags on this topic :D

I don't 'grunt' exactly. More of an 'Uhhh'. Maybe I should try a full-fledged grunt, see if it helps.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

The Bitch Hiss, hahahaha

I totally do this!  But I don't hold the hiss for as long as he did.  I am a deflated kiddie pool...wonderful   :hopelessness: 

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

This morning there was a guy there doing bicep curls with like 25 lbs, grunting in this oddly sexual way everytime he lifted them. It was really hard not to laugh. Like, really, I could do that without the sound effects and I'm like half the guy's size.

I occasionally swear/grunt on the last/heaviest set.  The guys that come in and make those weird noises right from their very first set always crack me up.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Grunts are ok If you are a real lifter. Not for some random guy who grunts after every forearm curl. Inappropriate grunting for attention is one of my biggest gym peeves. (so is locker room whistling)

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I've noticed a lot of loud grunting amongst the climbing crowd, specifically amongst small groups of young shirtless men tackling the hardest routes. I'm ok with some noise making, but to grunt/roar loud enough to make the whole gym go quiet is maybe a bit excessive.

I make quiet noises, more loud exhalations than grunts. And curse, depending on the exercise. My sister is often the target of the cursing, since it tends to go along with me doing a workout with her and her pushing me.

Dare mighty things

Archived