Forums are back in action! ×

More nervous than Rimmer in an Astrophysics exam!

And no don't worry I'm going to write 'I am a fish' 500 times then faint!!

So hopefully more than one person gets the topic title but its referring to me right now, cos weirdly I'm nervous as hell posting this.

Hmmmm.... suppose I'd best introduce myself, I'm Helen, 34, 5ft 9, Brit, single mum to an 8 yr old girl, part time customer service representative, parent governor, self confessed uber nerd and massively overweight. I started this year at 357.5lbs but am currently sitting here 35lbs lighter at 322.5lbs. The first few months of this year I just concentrated on the diet side of things and getting that right, then I started walking at the beginning of March and now regularly walk 5 miles a day (or more) but I realised that I need to do some form of strength training. I was told about nerd fitness on another and signed up straight away! It definitely appeals to my nerdy side and although it all looks very confusing atm I'm sure once I've read more of the site it'll start to become clearer.

I've given myself a few goals for the next few months which I'll share:

1) get under 300lbs

2) learn to safely use weights

3) get a proper workout regime in place

4) improve my time for walking a mile (currently 18mins 20secs) would like to get it down to around the 15 minute mark.

I'm hoping to get some help and support from the forum especially about beginner weights :)

Helz Level 1 Hologram AdventurerSTR 1|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 3 

Challenge

Fat2Fit

I'm a loser!

Twitter

Inventory: Fire Flower power up,

Hey there! I'm very new too, hope you'll find - as i did - people here to be very welcoming!

Nice goals, it's all about putting stuff into action, aimming not so high but spotting on day after day.

Have you considered to join the 6 week challenge? If you havent yet, you can find more about it here!

So you're from the UK! I'm brazilian, but i'm hoping to move to london the next year, pursueing my masters degree at Oxford!

As for the help on the weights stuff, i'm also very new to this so i couldnt advise you. There is plenty of stuff in the articles area, but there is certanly ppl here to help!

Nice knowing you! See ya o/

Muryanp

(Lvl 2) Bearborn Adventurer

[sTR 8 - DEX 3 - STA 1 - CON 10 - WIS 7.5 - CHA 6.5]

Prologue | Chapter 1 | ... }

You can also find me on Twitter!

[(Inv) Fire Flower; Nifty Birthday Hat; Racoon Suit of Creativity]

- Minichallenges completed - 1; .. -

Make sure to link your challenge thread at your signature so we can all follow your progress easily :D

A good start tomorrow to every of us! o/

Muryanp

(Lvl 2) Bearborn Adventurer

[sTR 8 - DEX 3 - STA 1 - CON 10 - WIS 7.5 - CHA 6.5]

Prologue | Chapter 1 | ... }

You can also find me on Twitter!

[(Inv) Fire Flower; Nifty Birthday Hat; Racoon Suit of Creativity]

- Minichallenges completed - 1; .. -

Came here just to say "Now remember, when you get in there write 'I am a fish' four hundred times, do a little dance and fall over. I'm sure it will all come back to you"... (I'm almost 100% sure I misquoted that one, but what the smeg)

But I'm sure you won't, and you'll be fantastic! You've already got your diet in hand by the sounds of it, so you're off to a flying start. 

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer STR 3 | |DEX 5 | |STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

6 Week Challenge - Making it to Weathertop

Archived