Forums are back in action! ×

Seeing changes already!

SSquirrel

So I just started my diet changes this week (no pop, bread or sweet tea, 1 cup rice up to 3x/week and potatoes 1 meal/week) and I'm already seeing some differences!  Now, over the last 2 weeks I was not following my changes, but I was paying more attention to what I was eating at least.  This first week has been involving some getting rid of stuff in the house that is against the diet, but it was stuff like 3 cans of pop that were for a flavor my wife hates and half of a leftover king size Twin that was already open, and I was planning that I would be ridding the house of some things in this fashion this week, so I'm fine w/that right now.

I had been thinking that some of the fat around my face was beginning to go away, but I had to shave off most of my beard to confirm that heh.  Shaved down to just a goatee and mustache and I can tell that when I try to sink my head into my neck like a turtle, I get a lot less fat poking back at me and the area under and near my goatee is smaller.  There is still some roundness to my face I'm expecting to lose a bit more of over time, but I'm jazzed to see some differences so quickly.

Pix for your review:

Silly hat pic

New trim and thinner face

The hat pic was me goofing around in mid-January when I was shaving my beard.  The mohawk pic was today.  I know the pix are slightly different angles and the beard takes up some space, but I know how many chins I make when I scruch my neck up. Or how many I used to make anyway heh.

Yeah, mohawk, Utilikilt and VFFs.  I tend to stand out somewhat :) 

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

VFF = Vibram Five Fingers.  Toe shoes.  http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

I have a pair of Bikila's in grey/dark grey/palm green.

Oh and I hopped on a scale.  Sunday night it said 238.6.  Now it says 232.8.  I'm sure a good chunk of the difference is less sodium and pop letting water go away, but it's progress so I'll take it. :)

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Archived