Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there!

Hey everyone! So I've been lurking around Nerd Fitness for a while now hem-hawing about actually getting serious about improving my life. I've been making excuses for a while now, "i'm too busy", "well I ate well yesterday, so I can have that cheeseburger today", etc. I recently became engaged to an amazing guy and our wedding is in September, and I just turned 24 last month. That hit me pretty hard, thinking how active and in shape I was when I was a teenager compared to how lazy, weak, and unmotivated I've become.  I'm done with excuses and I'm looking forward to uncovering the strong, determined, and agile Assassin that I know is buried inside me. Totally starting off as an adventurer, but Im excited to start training and eating right again so that I can begin training for Parkour, which I've always found fascinating but always thought was completely impossible. Now I'm starting to realize that impossible is only in your head. So, long rant short, im done saying "I used to be an adventurer, until I took an arrow to the knee!" and ready to begin changing my life so that my future husband and I can do all the things we want to with our lives.

Ive joined the newest six week challenge and my goals are

-Go at least 80% with my primal diet

-Do bodyweight exercises every other day

-Lose 10 lbs

-Cut alcohol and beer from my diet

I'm starting as a 5'2, 140lb weak (seriously, no upper body strength here!) elf adventurer. (Though my drinking prowess could be considered dwarf-like!) I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and i'm stoked to finally be part of the Rebellion!

Level 1 Elf Adventurer Stats: Str 1, Dex 2, Sta 2, Con 3, Wis 4, Cha 3.

Thanks! I'm going for at least 4 times a week. If I can manage to do more that's awesome, but as I haven't worked out in a while it should be interesting. I'm going to be following the angry birds workout. Good luck to you as well!

Level 1 Elf Adventurer Stats: Str 1, Dex 2, Sta 2, Con 3, Wis 4, Cha 3.

Welcome! Best of luck on your goals. 

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Congrats on getting started!

This is exactly how I started two years ago and it's amazing how fast the results show if you're keeping with it.

Two pieces of advice from "been there, tried that" point of view:

Rest days are just as important as workout days, physically and mentally. Starting bodyweight at 3x a week and just adding in something like a long walk or frisbee in the park will do worlds for ya!

Also, use a 'better measurable' goal than weight loss. Inches lost, times increased, and dress/pant sizes are all better measurements. Case in point, I lost 10 pounds my first week just in glycogen depletion and water loss.

It's always exciting to see someone start, though, and I wish you good luck! I'm hoping I can get back on the program as well since I've been lazy for the past year!

Welcome to the rebellion!

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

Archived