Forums are back in action! ×

Any artists out there? Blog title help!

cn3wton

So I am thinking about making a blog.  I have a http://cn3wton.deviantart.com/'>deviantArt but I really feel that I need to branch away from that because its mainly filled with tons of mediocre art.

The thing is I need a catchy title that says something about me as a person, while still be awesome.

I love fantasy art, swords and that kind of stuff.

I am also in love currently with gesture drawing.

Fitness has become a part of my life, and this community as well. As always I appreciate all of your support and ideas!

Since this is a fitness forum for nerds where better to ask?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Flick of the Wrist sounds like a solid one to me. I'm not sure what you'd be putting the blog to use for, so it's a bit hard to build from there.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

I would be using the blog to post my art. Just another way to get myself out there.  Flick of the wrist sounds pretty good.  Id like to incorporate the fantasy element in somehow. But that definitely captures the gesture part!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Mightier than the Sword (as in the pen is mightier than the sword)

Shredded Sketches

Stand Alone Art Works

Building Upon the Real

Grasp Designs (or art works, or illustrations)

---uhhh yeah, that's about it for now. I'm trying to make a leap from film to ad/graphic design so I know that personal branding can be a challenge.

Very nice list!  I want to put a ton of thought into it before I go ahead.  All of this help is much appreciated!

That's a good idea, you want to think of it like a brand, and have it be something that you don't feel embarrased or need to change in a few years time. For that reason I've always branded myself with just my own name, or my initals. It works for me because I have a simple, yet somewhat uncommon name, and I also appear in the credits of all the films I crew with my full name. However, if you're name is impossible to spell, or extremely common, then its best to come up with a proper title.

Archived