Forums are back in action! ×

Ze Bike Thread

I-Jo

Alright- now that we have sufficiently hijacked the annoying comments- we need our own thread.

Did you ride?  Do you ride?

Interested in riding?

Come one come all!!!!

I ride an SV 650- I sport tour- commute- and hit the track and twisties.  Love me some sport bike and some corning- have about 10,000 miles a year on average (this year's average sucked) all over the eastern sea board... YUM.

Shall post pictures later!!!

SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! 

I have a 250 Ninja, tiny little thing, still quite speedy! She has a cranky fuel system that I'm constantly working on it feels (maybe its a corn allergy lol). I've been riding for about 3 years now, and don't put down nearly as many as I-Jo up there. I'm a big fan of riding on the highway, twisties are fun, but can be a little nerve racking if its been a while since I rode last.

Oh! Post general location so we can all go ride bikes together! I'm in Philly :)

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Interested in riding. My dad has two Harleys wasting away in a shed (seriously I don't think they've moved since 2000). One of these days I am going to steal them and rebuild them in my garage. One day....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Used to ride, once i get back from this deployment I'm definitely gonna start again.

First bike- 1970 Honda CT90, loved this little thing, so much fun.

then i got a 1986 GSX-R 750, she was fun and fast, but i got side swiped once and barely stayed on top of her, and then someone cut me off as i was pulling out of a road so i grabbed too much brake and pulled off the worlds worst Stoppie. after that i put her up on craigslist.

Im thinking  either a used SV650 or maybe an older 600cc, I have a feeling even after getting the first year out of the way, 750 is still way more than i want.

I was born a fool and haven't improved much since. - Lattie Tipton

Dwarven Ranger Level 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:3

CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:2

yeah the GSXR 750 is an aggressively little bike- the new ones are wicked fast ({2nd will still pull strong around 70/80 mph)- and yes- those front brakes can be RIDICULOUSLY grabby- the 650's are a great compromise.  Might want to check out the street triple 675- kind of all the perks of the inline 4 and the V twin- torque for around town- but more top end ass.

great bikes. 

I had a CBR F4i for 10,000 miles and now I have an SV650 semi faired with race rearsets on it for track days- I have the uber dork top box- and I LURV it.

I'm so excited I didn't A. have to ride all winter (first winter in 3 years) and B. it's finally riding seasons!!! WOOT.  now we have to deal with all the squid douchebags- but regardless- I can still go out and enjoy myself and not HAVE to commute- it's great.

Speaking of which- Probably going to ride to work tomorrow- very excited- even if it's just a lame boring 25 minute commute!  

yeah, im probably gonna try to find a full fairing Sv650 that someone dumped, and then totaled out because the cost of plastic, fix it up mechanically and have a solid naked bike when i get back.

Or if i can afford it i'd love a Triumph thruxton...just something about the cafe' racer look is fucking awesome.

I was born a fool and haven't improved much since. - Lattie Tipton

Dwarven Ranger Level 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:3

CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:2

I want to get into riding; I've only ever ridden a used Honda Rebel (which I loved), but I definitely need/want regular practice. Saving up for a bike in the future, but it's tough with graduation and student loans looming overhead. One buck at a time, folks, a drop in the bucket every day...

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Ooo,a topic I love! I'm on my 17th bike currently. I seem to buy and sell more than ride lately though.

I'm on a Thruxton now and I love it. Probably my favorite out of all of them except possibly the Daytona 675 I had.

I ditched the risers and handlebars and switched to clipons. Not the fastest thing out there, but it's more than fast enough to put a big smile on my face.

Not the bikes I was thinking of lmao

I look like a biker, but my main bike of choice is knobby tired and pedal powered

I already know what my "mid-life" crisis purchase is going to be a touring bike, dont' know what kind yet, but that is the plan considering I live between the Adirondacks, Catskills, Green and Berkshires  lots of awesome rides through the mountains of the Northeast

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Oh! Post general location so we can all go ride bikes together! I'm in Philly :)

Me too! Although I'm south of the city in Media. Don't get out on pleasure rides as much anymore. Have you ever checked out Two Wheel Tuesday? They meet up at a bar called the Abbye around 2nd and Spring Garden if I recall every Tuesday night. Always a good crowd and lots of cool bikes to check out.

Archived