Forums are back in action! ×

Help me get fired up

Hedgewolf

So I haven't had the best few weeks just now, fitness-wise. Had a massive booze-up on my birthday, got dumped and then I got the flu pretty badly and fell behind on my assignments, which left me to drop about a week of training. This week I've been trying to come back from that, but I haven't been motivated, still feel pretty sick at times and I was already suffering from the Plateau Blues. I've managed about three workouts of the last six, which sucks.

Anybody got any ideas to get me fired up? My training program looks like this:

Monday:

Pull-ups: 10/9/5/5/5, 60s between sets

Close Pulls: 8/8/5/5/5

Close Chin-ups: 8/6/5/5/5

Pistol squats (each side): 10/10

Tuesday:

Hanging leg raises: 5x19

Lying leg raises 5x40

Situps 100

1min handstand

Wednesday:

Assisted One-Arm Pushups (one arm on a stack of books): 5x16

Close Pushups: 5x30

Pushups: 4x30

Chair dips: 5x30

Bridges: 10

Rinse and repeat, with interval sprints thrown in maybe three days a week. I don't have much of a social group to speak of, so I'm after some advice/general inspiration, NF - am I doing the right stuff here? Should I be doing something different? Any advice for getting over the slump?

Just do something. If you're not up to an entire workout, tell yourself you're going to do something for 10 minutes. 

You are part of the Rebellion! You can do this! Not every workout has to be 100% stellar.

Why not more leg work? That's a gorram lot of push ups. And only one squat.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Friend's don't let friends skip leg day.

little motivation.  Now working out won't fix any of your problems... at least working out will help clear your brain and give you something you CAN control and conqour.  

I agree- DO something.  go for a walk at the bare bones minimum.  

Sorry to hear about your troubles friend- don't let them keep you from your goals though- that's part of the rebellion too!

Some Vince Lombardi quotes which I found to be inspirational:

“A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive, and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.â€

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.â€

“Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.â€

“If you’ll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives.â€

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Archived