Forums are back in action! ×

I qualified for the USA Weightlifting National Championships!!!

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since I've been on the boards, but I have a huge WOOT to share!

This last weekend was the Northern California Open at my home gym, and I had an excellent meet! My friends and family were there cheering me on, which made my nerves much, much better than they usually are at meets. I made sure to get plenty of sleep the night before, ate breakfast and lunch, and drank a ton of water.

My lifts were feeling great in the warm-up area. I just knew I was going to do some awesome lifts on the platform.

Here's what I did:

Snatch:

64kg/141lb - Good lift

67kg/147lb - Lost it in front, no lift

68kg/150lb - Good lift for a meet PR

Clean and Jerk:

90kg/198lb - Good lift

94kg/207lb - Good lift for a meet PR

97kg/213lb - Good lift for a meet PR and my Nationals qualifying total of 165!

If you would like to see the videos from the meet, Super Training was awesome and recorded the whole meet. Their youtube channel is at http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmcd1234 My sessions are Part 5 for the snatches and Part 4 for the Clean and Jerks.

Nationals are in Ohio at the end of July. My coach is taking three lifters. Out of the whole team, only the four women lifters are close to, or over their qualifying totals. Two girls already made their totals before this meet, and I made mine here. There are two more local meets that will give my teammate Rae a chance to qualify and get over her total. If she gets even one kilo over it, she will get to go instead of me. I won't have a chance for any more meets before then because I'm out of the country on vacation for those meets. So, I won't know until the end of this month if I will be going or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I wanted to share this with my rebel friends because, even thought I'm not as active on the boards as I used to be, you all have been a HUGE part of my weightlifting journey. I couldn't thank Steve enough for having this website. If I ever met him in person, I'd probably bowl him over with a giant hug and thank him through many tears.

THANK YOU ALL!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

WELL DONE!  congratulations

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

That's so awesome! I wanted to watch but I was so busy all day.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You guys sure know how to make a girl blush!  :redface-new:

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Archived