Forums are back in action! ×

Any parents still around?

I think the last post on here was mid 2012

What's everyone up to, I just signed up my 5 year old daughter for her 2nd mud run, she's super excited, we are going to be making up some nerdific shirts for the race, I'll have to take pics

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Dad of three still here! All three of my kids did the "Kids Of Steel Triathlon" last year, which really wasn't that difficult for the younger two, but was incredibly awesome and inspirational for my oldest, who has arthritis. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Nice, I have to get my oldest to start riding bikes, she prefers her skateboard instead, but she already runs and swims, so I don't think a future tri is out of the question

We went to her schools spring open house last night and both of her teachers were amazed about how well she can do the monkey bars; they said she was nuts (in a good way) lol

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

n00b mom of one six-year-old girl here, looking for ways to get the little one active.  She's just dying to take a dance class.  She's a little social animal who loves music and attention, so dance seems right up her alley.

Also, Kung Fu Girl, I hear ya on the messy house thing.  My house looks like a laundromat exploded and took out the neighboring toy store.  :facepalm:

I have a five year old daughter who loves dance class, she takes tap and jazz; and is constantly dancing around the house, it's fun

Ha yea my house is clean, but looks like a clean clothes/toy bomb exploded, as soon as I get something out of the drier it always seems like someone needs something and then one thing after another until you can no longer see my couch buried under multiple loads of to be folded laundry; normally it waits to be folded until after every one is asleep and I can have a little piece and quiet to watch a few innings of the game and fold

Daily Mile

I have a two year old. He loves running around the house with me (literally, dozens of lap around the kitchen with me following or being chased).

My hope (goal?) is that I'll still be able to keep up with him in 15 years.

laundry/toy bomb? I don't know what you guys are talking about. All I have is a lumpy couch and carpet that make noise and light up...

Oh, ya. There it is.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I'm here!  I have one almost 6 month old, which is causing me to be massively inconsistant about checking forums ;)

Hey, it happens!  As soon as you think you have one daily routine down, boom!  The baby grows and something changes:  Add a feeding, drop a feeding, drop a nap, change a naptime, rough night of sleep...congratulations, best of luck, and don't feel bad if you're only around sporadically.

I have a two year old. He loves running around the house with me (literally, dozens of lap around the kitchen with me following or being chased).

My hope (goal?) is that I'll still be able to keep up with him in 15 years.

I have a 2-year-old also, and I do laps around the house as well. He loves to be chased and can go, go, go for a long time. My wife and I feed him way better foods than we eat ourselves. He always has fruits and or vegetables on his plate and not a lot of meat, he almost never has white bread or processed foods. I wish we could say the same thing for our diets. We are getting better, but if I ate like he does...maybe that will be one of my goals for the next challenge

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

I have a 2-year-old also, and I do laps around the house as well. He loves to be chased and can go, go, go for a long time. My wife and I feed him way better foods than we eat ourselves. He always has fruits and or vegetables on his plate and not a lot of meat, he almost never has white bread or processed foods. I wish we could say the same thing for our diets. We are getting better, but if I ate like he does...maybe that will be one of my goals for the next challenge

I have two kids. Nearly 3 and just over 1. And our kids eat WAAYYYYY better than hubbs and I. I think one of my goals for the next challenge will be eating at the table, the same meals, because we often feed the kids, then wait until they go to bed, then scrounge around and make ourselves food.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mom of three here (16, 14, 13)

My oldest is going to do a Spartan race this fall...

We go biking and hiking frequently... (just did sixty five miles this weekend on the bikes... planning to do one hundred sixty next month :) )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Dad of two girls, 5 & 7 here.  I was here when we first started this forum and was actually one of the few that requested it.  Yet, I fell to the wayside due to life.  Now I am back and ready to get back to work.

I am glad to see so many more parents here at NF.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Father of 4 here. 4 year old daughter, twin 2 year old boys, and the newest addition a 2 month old boy.

Hooray, there's another father of four on the boards!  I have two boys, 5 and 3, and my wife is due with twins at the end of July. A boy and a girl, so the ultrasound tells me...  How's life with the little one working out?

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln