Forums are back in action! ×

Yay! Strangers are noticing

marionette

Yesterday was kinda cruddy all around. I just wasn't feeling good, feeling it, or anything really. Frustrated with progress, frustrated with my body, rinse repeat.

Weighed myself and noticed the scale was down another couple pounds, felt a tiny bit of validation. Got out the bioimpedence fat monitor and it shows me still at the same bf% as it did lord knows how long ago (still within the standard deviation of the device) which promptly destroyed that.

Got on the treadmill to do my warm up and the woman next to me goes "You've only been coming here a few months right? You look like you've lost a ton of weight, good job!" Silly as it is I felt so much better after that in spite of the middling scale results and ambivalent bf measurement. A well timed compliment can really improve your day!

I'm beginning to wonder if my "huge tracts of land" might be throwing off a handheld device being right in the middle of the circuit my arms form. Hovering at 42% according to the bioimpedence monitor. The neck/waist/hip measurements put me at closer to 48% which seems very, very high. This calculator, which takes waist, hip, wrist and forearm, puts me around 27%, which seems very, very low. Eyeballing myself in the mirror I would figure closer to mid-high 30s. I have visible collarbones, visible definition in my forearms and shoulders, my lower legs are rock solid and my thighs are slimming down/firming up and you get to about midthigh before there is much to pinch...ah well. Maybe I should find one of those bod pod things to get a proper baseline.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

I am jealous! The only person who ever noticed is my trainer, and since I pay her to help me I don't know that I really trust her objectivity! I've lost over 15 pounds since I started this journey and not one other person has said a word. Sigh.

I try to concentrate on the process, on increasing my performance and making the best dietary choices that I can, and let the body composition stuff just happen. But those little moments of encouragement mean so much.

Level 3 High Elf Enchanter in Half-Orc Illusion RAWR!

STR 2.5 : DEX 2 : STA 2 : CON 2.5 : WIS 5 : CHA 3.5First Challenge     Second Challenge     Current Challenge

Congratulations on the compliment, the first one is such a good feeling :)

I thought I was way higher body fat than I really was for months, turns out my scales weren't programmed correctly.

Have you seen this article? The pictures might help you.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dominic, I read that one and based on the pictures would put myself around the mid 30s. I found out a local university has a bod pod and offers testing for 35$. I think I will go for that to get an accurate picture and adjust the bioimpedence measurements from there moving forward, with occasional retesting.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Dominic, I read that one and based on the pictures would put myself around the mid 30s. I found out a local university has a bod pod and offers testing for 35$. I think I will go for that to get an accurate picture and adjust the bioimpedence measurements from there moving forward, with occasional retesting.

Lucky you, I'd like to have a go in one but there are none near me Down Under. Post back the result, I'd be interested to see how (in)accurate the bioimp is.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Archived