Forums are back in action! ×

Languages

I'm a native English speaker, and I speak Russian pretty well. Other than that, I took 3 years of German in high school and forgot all of it, and my next project is Japanese (it's progressing slowly).

Language is so hard because it's really a use-it-or-lose-it skill.

LVL 1 Ranger (STR 4, DEX 2, STA 3, CON 2, WIS 4, CHA 0)

First Challenge. "Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

English=Native

Japanese=Advanced Beginner

French=Uhm...I'm good at faking a french accent?

I studied French for three years in high school and I can string together a simple sentence and puzzle out a translation into english. But anything more complicated that "I would like a baguette." is beyond me. I live in Japan so I do get some daily practice in the language but my grammar is atrocious and every so often I forget the culturally appropriate thing to say. I'm something of an idiot savant when it comes to mimicking accents so I sound good but whatever I'm saying just comes out at kindergarten level jibberish. (That being said, my kindergarteners have no problem understanding me.) Whenever I move back to the States, I'd like to take up french again and see if I can get that to fluent.

Freckles

"When do we start?"

Saedyn Adventurer-Level 1

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3.5

First Step Life in a Tiny Village: The Hokkaido Fox

Norwegian : native

English : fluent

NSL (norwegian sign language) : intermediate +1

German: Speak a little bit, numbers and some children songs, able follow topic of conversation

French : Tinsy bit and learning, learning using Michel Thomas' approach, and his method should be great for you native English speakers. :)

And being Norwegian, Danish and Swedish I understand, and can supply with their own language if they don't understand me. (I have a tricky dialect)

Also.. JavaScript, HTML/CSS.. <- These are also languages. :)

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

Archived