Forums are back in action! ×

yet another newb - here for the challenge!

Hi everyone! :) I followed a link here from Fitocracy (I'm new there too) and I came across the 6 week challenge and am very interested in joining! I love the idea of a fitness site for nerds.

What's nerdy about me? Mostly gaming. I've played the original Everquest on and off since it came out. I haven't played much over the past few months though. My mother died in January so my depression put me at a point where doing anything other than laying on the couch staring at the tv was impossible. I started therapy and medication and I've been feeling much better, but I need a new computer chair before I can play like I used to. I also sometimes play Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft, although not nearly as much.

My fitness goals are mostly weight related. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my entire life. I've had trouble with binge eating, plus I've never been a very active person. My medication has helped with the binging, and I've felt so much better that I've been working out! I started in early March and have almost lost 20 pounds. I have a long way to go, but making goals to keep myself focused helps so much.

Now I just need to figure out what my exact goals will be for the challenge :)

Hufflepug
Level 2 Mermaid Druid - Challenge #2
STR 1, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 3, WIS 7, CHA 4
Feel free to friend me on: LoseIt! | FitBit | Fitocracy | Spark People

Congratulations on slaying that 20 lbs. demon.  So sorry to hear about your loss.  Looking forward to seeing the challenge goals and figuring out how to write my own.  

Bavarian Ranger -- Level twoStrength 5 Dexterity 4 Stamina 5 Constitution 1 Wisdom 5 Charisma 5 My Epic Quest Challenge #1  Current Challenge

Future goal inspiration from Kurt Vonnegut "Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.â€

Archived