Forums are back in action! ×

Love this site, wanted to drop in and say hi!

I made a long post in the Rangers forum because I'm trying to do this 6 week challenge so rather than copy/paste it all here I just linked it in my signature.  I'm 32 years old, male, from Charlotte NC.  Just started my fitness journey this year in January, and have already lost almost all my goal weight, struggling to finish off belly fat and then switch into a higher fat/protein diet to give my weight lifting a needed boost in order to build more muscle mass.  My 6 week challenge goals in my other thread pretty much sum up what I want to do, as impossible as it seems. 

Anyways that thread is really long, don't feel obligated to read it haha.  So yea, hello everyone, good to meet other fellow "nerds" who are passionate about fitness.  Please continue to inspire me!

~thief

edit; Oh yea this is "nerd" fitness, so I should give some of my nerdy interests.  I am an oldschool hardcore MMO gamer (EQ, AC, AC2, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, GW, and currently GW2), as well as games like LoL/Dota2/HoN, some FPS, adventure games, you name it. My biggest struggle now is lack of time to game lol.  Especially since I am in the gym or outside more than I am at my computer.  I also love fantasy books/movies (working my way though Stephen Kings "The Dark Tower" again for the second time right now on mp3/audiobook).  I don't have any nerdy RL friends except a few people I work with so it is hard to be passionate anymore :*(.  

I am developing my "RL" interests more nowadays anyways, soon to be a mountain biker, learning to kayak/waterski, you name it!

Good to meet you too! Guild Wars 2 is fantastic.  I don't play nearly as much as I'd like (which is prob. for the best considering my gaming history lol) but it's very accessable for casuals and very fun!  The World vs World pvp is incredible, if you played Dark Age of Camelot think of RvR but on a much MUCH larger scale.  Can anyone say ZERG?

I never did play Dark Age of Camelot, but I'm familiar (passingly) with the RvR combat. That on a larger scale sounds pretty cool.

My wife and I have been talking about getting back into WoW, then we heard that Blizzard had changed the way specs work. Now, once you spend your first talent point, you're locked into that tree, apparently. Not cool. I like crafting my character to be as unique and versatile as possible. So, now, we're looking for an alternate. I might drop you a line in the future about it.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Archived