Forums are back in action! ×

American Ninja Warrior - New Season July 1, 2013

... while those succesful in ninja warrior are more like cornerbacks.

and that would probably be about the upper limit on size for successful ninjas...

but I'll cast the first vote to watch Gainsdalf give it a go fall in the water. :P

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

No, it's not possible with my current body composition goals, physcis screws me over on this one. I'm a 260 lb man with a lean body weight of about 190 lb, and eventually 20-30 more on top of that given my powerlifting goals.

If you were to cut down to a low body fat, chances are your LBM would not be that high. Rare is a natural lifter who is over 200 lbs lean. A lot of the lost LBM in the end is measurment error, the leaner you get the less you can overestimate it. 

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

No, it's not possible with my current body composition goals, physcis screws me over on this one. I'm a 260 lb man with a lean body weight of about 190 lb, and eventually 20-30 more on top of that given my powerlifting goals.If you were to cut down to a low body fat, chances are your LBM would not be that high. Rare is a natural lifter who is over 200 lbs lean. A lot of the lost LBM in the end is measurment error, the leaner you get the less you can overestimate it.

Then what's with the 220, 242, and 264 lb weight classes? Some of those guys are pretty lean, and I also don't see me losing muscle mass if I'm getting stronger. Bigm has abs and he's 220 and thin.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Then what's with the 220, 242, and 264 lb weight classes? Some of those guys are pretty lean, and I also don't see me losing muscle mass if I'm getting stronger. Bigm has abs and he's 220 and thin.

http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

My 6'1" frame isn't getting >200 lbs LBM without gear, and that's a lifetime max, in reality even the mid 190's LBM will take a few more years of bulking.

I'm sure I can see my abs flexed an up to 215 or so. I lose 'em in the 22-24% BF area.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Woohoo!!!

My favorite guy that I watched compete was the pro NFL 255lb guy who finished one of the qualifying rounds. He was by no means the fastest but considering that he was almost twice as heavy as the little guys... amazing.

Word.  That NFL guy was pretty impressive.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

I actually lived in Japan for a while and went with a few American friends of mine to a "Sasuke" practice course.  Unfortunately, I was about 300 + pounds at the time and was unable to participate.  It was great to see all of my friends grunt their way through most the courses, failing horribly on the finger-holds, and jump to the end in triumph at like 3-5 minutes.  Everyone felt really great...

And then this fit Japanese Teenager came up with his frequent Sasuke card...  

He finished the course in 53 seconds.  AND completely skipped the second finger-hold with a monkey like jump to the platform.  It was intense.  I saw maybe 3 or 4 rooftop practice zones in the area I was at also.  Was pretty cool.  Can't wait to check this out online!

Level 1 Warforged: Neophyte of the Empty Hand

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.â€

The last few nights my bf has been putting on Ninja Warrior. I was wondering why it was on...

Last night, we were both sitting in our pjs watching it and talking about it. It's been a rough few weeks for me, with no working out and generally hating everyone and everything (mostly myself). For whatever reason, I just sat up and said, "I'm going to do some pushups!" And I did. And I watched those crazy Ninja Warriors swing and slide and faceplant and it was awesome.

I'm also totally liking the girl Ninja Warriors. They're so inspiring!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Oh man, some of the women have been awesome. It's a shame only 1 made it through at this location, I was really rooting for Brent's gf.3 more cities right? I wish I woulda known about it recording, I would have gotten tickets to one of the Baltimore nights and driven down.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been watching this show lately and I find it really motivating.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to training to compete in the show?

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.~ Steve Jobs

grip grip grip and more grip

500 / 330 / 625

I felt bad for the girl this week that got there! She practiced the crap outta all the upper body stuff, including ultimate cliff hanger, but not the warped wall apparently. Still, first woman to ever reach WW.

500 / 330 / 625

Do they make you sign a release?

500 / 330 / 625

i just watched the episode with the guy from Sarasota, FL that completed the course in jeans and headphones. his appearance, his background, his personality and his abilities combined instill a great amount of intrigue in me. he seemed so playful and possessed an incredibly high skill level - he reminded me of Philippe Petit, who was featured in the documentary film "Man on Wire."

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

i just watched the episode with the guy from Sarasota, FL that completed the course in jeans and headphones. his appearance, his background, his personality and his abilities combined instill a great amount of intrigue in me. he seemed so playful and possessed an incredibly high skill level - he reminded me of Philippe Petit, who was featured in the documentary film "Man on Wire."

I LOVE that guy.  He looks like Ryan Reynolds to me.  And that thing he built for his neighborhood?  AWESOME.  He just seems like an all around great guy.  

Wut no luv for the Wolverines?

Gah, NEVER.  'course, I went there when I was 17 and deeply depressed and hating life.  Maybe if I went back now I'd be happier there.  But I'm at BYU currently and loving every second of it.  (My siblings both attend UVU though, and my mom works there, so I'm the minority in my family!)