Forums are back in action! ×

Fitbit Users Unite & Fitbit Group

Hearthsinger has 18,400 average steps a day! I don't think I've even walked that much in any one given day, and my average is half hers!  Damn!

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

LOL! I've been taking walks during my lunch break too and sometimes in the evenings. I'm trying to make up for missing the first few months of the year because I'm trying to "walk to Mordor" before 2014 and that means I would have had to start in January for that rate. NOW I have to make up for lost miles. It's a LOT of leg work haha!

*puts fingers in ears* LALALALALALALA.

Hearthsinger has 18,400 average steps a day! I don't think I've even walked that much in any one given day, and my average is half hers!  Damn!

Sheesh! RIGHT!?

LOL! I've been taking walks during my lunch break too and sometimes in the evenings. I'm trying to make up for missing the first few months of the year because I'm trying to "walk to Mordor" before 2014 and that means I would have had to start in January for that rate. NOW I have to make up for lost miles. It's a LOT of leg work haha!

*puts fingers in ears* LALALALALALALA.

Sheesh! RIGHT!?

Time to come clean! I put my fitbit on a wild mustang and sent it out into the wilderness to run free!

JKs. I am the wild mustang. Can't stop. Won't stop.  :nevreness:

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Time to come clean! I put my fitbit on a wild mustang and sent it out into the wilderness to run free!

LOL! I should put my Fiftbit on my dog's collar next time I go to the dog park - I would totally show you up.

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

LOL! I should put my Fiftbit on my dog's collar next time I go to the dog park - I would totally show you up.

LOL I convinced my parents to join me on the walk to mordor so we all have fitbits. They are seriously behind. But my dog's name is pippin and my dad wants to buy a fitbit just for him. I was like dad... Just give me the money if you're going to waste it ahahah

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Hi Fitbit users! My old pedometer is about to die, but I can get a new Fitbit OR Fitbug free through my employer's wellness program. I'm guessing I know which one most of you would recommend (although if anyone has used both comparisons are welcome) but wanted your thoughts on a few specifics. 1) My biggest issue is: How easy is it to lose a Fitbit? They look mighty small and easily dropped to me, and I don't see any kind of lanyard thingy to help prevent that. I tend to drop and lose mine if it doesn't have an extra attachment point. 2) How are they at measuring non-walking activity? Things like cycling, strength training, yoga...probably not swimming since I don't think it's waterproof. 3) Any reason to prefer one model over another? Thanks for your thoughts!

1. The Fitbit has a strong grippy thing on the case which is covered with a sort of sticky silicone-type material. It attaches very securely to a bra strap, belt loop or pocket edge. My Fitbit came out of its case accidentally a couple of times, but I was handling it at the time. I don't think it would fall out of the case by itself. However, it's very small and lightweight, and people frequently put them through the laundry.

2. It does a poor job of measuring non-walking activity, although you can manually enter it on the website if you want to keep track.

3. Don't know - I have the Fitbit One, which I really like.

The clip action is pretty song... the only time I've dropped it was when I keep it in a pocket... it's usually clipped to my bra or shirt near the neckline

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

wow... I am a bit behind you hearthsinger ;)

I only sync mine about once a week because I don't have unlimited internet and I only have a laptop... so I have to get the laptop out and set up the internet and then plug in the cord then sync.... so it only happens once a week or so... 

now that the craziness of march is over I am hoping to have more time for walking/riding again... because my slacking is showing.... although.... 

badge.png

I earned my 500 lifetime miles badge :) (I got my fitbit in july.... and that was basically with 12 weeks off with a broken foot... and taking it EASY and not killing myself!) 

also I have 1.2 million steps... can you believe it?!?!?!

so I wonder if I can break 1,000 lifetime miles by 31 july?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hi Fitbit users! My old pedometer is about to die, but I can get a new Fitbit OR Fitbug free through my employer's wellness program. I'm guessing I know which one most of you would recommend (although if anyone has used both comparisons are welcome) but wanted your thoughts on a few specifics. 1) My biggest issue is: How easy is it to lose a Fitbit? They look mighty small and easily dropped to me, and I don't see any kind of lanyard thingy to help prevent that. I tend to drop and lose mine if it doesn't have an extra attachment point. 2) How are they at measuring non-walking activity? Things like cycling, strength training, yoga...probably not swimming since I don't think it's waterproof. 3) Any reason to prefer one model over another? Thanks for your thoughts!

1) I've only had it 3 days at this point, but I did wear it through a softball practice... I clipped it into my bra facing in so if it were to fall out, it'd get stuck there, but no issues. I also clip into my jeans pocket facing in for the same reason. It's about the size of a thumb, and the clip is solid. I did read a review on amazon that a small rubber band will secure it inside the silicone holder, but just fiddling with mine I don't see how it'd fall out easily. 

2) Not good measuring non-walking. 

3) I have no idea what a fit bug is, soooo gonna pass on any input here :-) 

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Is there a NF fitbit group?    I have a few people added from the Druids, but looking to add more to my dashboard to see how well others are doing for encouragement.   I will create one if there is not one and post here if so.  

Here is my account for folks to add me to their lists.   Please list your profile if you want. 

http://www.fitbit.com/user/23RZ4M

-DrDidg

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

I'd love to see one formed.  I'm considering getting one for myself ---- how do you think the device helps you?

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

My parents bought me one for Xmas and that was when I made the decision to get healthy. Being able to see how many steps I took everyday really encouraged me to start moving more, taking walks at lunchtime, that sort of thing just so I could hit my 10,000 steps a day. Some of them can also tell you how many flights of stairs you've gone up too. I have to admit that on more than one occasion I've gone up and down the stairs in my flat late at night so that I can hit my daily targets.

Probably the best thing about Fitbit though is the online dashboard. On this you've got your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly step counts along with your calories burnt and you can enter your weigh-ins and it keeps records for you. You can also spend a lot of time looking through various stats and measurements for yourself- its like a fitness nerds wet dream!

I also bought one for my wife recently as she's decided to shed some pounds too so we spend everyday goading each other on to get as many steps as possible.

For motivation purposes, it's definitely worth the investment.

My profile is in my signature, I'd definitely be up for a NF group.

I love my Fitbit flex.  I have used a Jawbone Up, a Bodymedia Fit and now the Fitbit flex.  It blows the other two out of the water.  It's easier to wear than either of them, and it's water resistant so I don't have to take it off when I shower!  I do wish the website had better food trackers, but I just use MyFitness Pal for my calorie intake and the Fitbit app for everything else.  

Here's my user page http://www.fitbit.com/user/25WB3X

I'd love to see one formed.  I'm considering getting one for myself ---- how do you think the device helps you?

Etchi found a group already.   I did not have the patience and sift through the groups and people are asking for a group search on the site. 

I have found it has helped me the most by making me be aware of my how many steps I need to maintain a weight and calorie use.    I park as far away from a place that I am going to to maximize the amount of steps I have to take a to get to somewhere.    I really enjoy seeing others now as its more of a motivation to walk yet even more.    Gotta start walking/running just waiting for my toe to stop hurting so much from the break.   

I only get to sync while I am at home and thats on days that I actually remember to snag my FitBit.   Gilfren, there is one other in after you in my list.     SundaySpecial is kicking all our asses that I can tell.    Very motivational indeed to see how far behind I am and how much I have to keep up.  Just walked 2.44 mi at lunch, so that will sync nicely later on.   

D: Like I was messaging you about before, I wish it was a point system. While I don't have a lot of "steps", I'm a fanatic about diet and strength training.

Stop making excuses, gilfren. Walking/running is good for you.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread