Forums are back in action! ×

World War Z (no spoilers)

I'm just saying all the zombie apocalypse prep work just makes some toughass zombies in the end.

The movie is soooo good.

(Psst but that's not Philly except for the skyline shots).

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I was quite disappointed in it. I loved the book, and was not happy to find out that the movie was more of a prequel than a straight-up adaptation. Still, I was willing to give it a chance because I love horror movies and everything zombie in particular.

Intense? Maybe if you've never seen a horror movie before. Everything was just very tame. Only one scene made me cringe, and there wasn't even a zombie involved! There were some amazing visuals--I like that the digital age of movie making has made broad, sweeping shots and wide angles a norm--but it didn't make up for the lack of urgency or danger I felt. Everything just felt so...non-threatening.

If you just love zombie movies and want to see them all, then it's worth seeing once, on a matinee or hold out for the DVD. But if you're just craving a great zombie movie, then you can't go wrong with either of the 28 movies.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

I didn't expect a gore fest based on the previews. The digital effects are pretty cool.

It's a fun way to spend an afternoon.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.