Forums are back in action! ×

Bewildered Nerd, Lol!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and feeling somewhat bewildered, lol!  I have never done, followed (or even really known about...) role-playing games so this is all rather new and confusing for me, ha ha!  

My nerdiness is on the classical music side of things - as a teen and at uni, hours practising piano; twenties right up to now (late thirties) teaching piano and accompanying; always passionate about my own personal and spiritual development and loving helping other people with theirs, I've now diversified into life coaching as well.  I love all these things but they bring an extremely sedentary lifestyle!

Last year I followed the Dukan diet and lost 2 and a half stone, having been appalled at how much weight had just crept on and on.  I've probably put 10 lbs back on again as it was just too restrictive to keep on Dukan.  I'm so tired of having wobbles in places I don't want wobbles, lol!

I have succeeded in developing discipline in many areas of my life, but the areas of food and exercise have always eluded me.  I'm tired of the excuses.  I want to feel great!  I've made changes in my life recently to build a stronger foundation for good health and this is definitely the next step!  I want to be strong, slim, healthy and happy.  

My goals are...

1.  To drink 2.5 litres of filtered water daily

2.  To take a drink of hot water with lemon, honey and cinnamon daily

3.  PLAN meals weekly and SHOP (make sure it's all in the house - no excuse to go and buy something processed)

4.  COOK UP all the meals and portion for the week (following Staci's example)

5.  ALWAYS eat home-cooked (at least during the week)

6.  Follow Steve's Bodyweight Workout 3 times per week

I started yesterday with my food and start the bodyweight workout today, yay!

Is it too, too, too late to join in the current challenge?  

(I'm a little stuck with race / class, etc....  Lol!)

Thanks for reading - I'm really looking forward to becoming part of the Nerd Fitness community!  : )

DeeEm

DeeEm : )                                                                              I have the freedom to do anything, but not everything is helpful.               : )

I have the freedom to do anything, but I won't be controlled by anything.   : )

I have a spirit of power, love and self-control.   : )

It is never too late to join a challenge. I joined my first challenge late. One thing I would like to say about your goals, is that they are several large goals all at one time. You might want to start slower and focus on 1-2 large goals at a time. That way you won't feel overwhelmed when the excitement wears off.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Archived