Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Australia!

Hi everyone, let me introduce myself.

My name is Joshua, I'm 24 years old and currently living and working in country-esque Australia ... it's not really that country but my town and the town next to mine has a combined population of 2,484 people.

I left school in year 10 to become a chef. I started my trade under a french chef who was highly respected within most of NSW, after completing my apprenticeship I went on to become head chef in a few fine dining restaurants. Shortly after I got married to my beautiful wife and decided that I wanted a job with regular hours so I could spend more time with her. I ended up leaving the hospitality industry to work at a kitchen manufacturing company as a salesman. When I started the job I was about 80-90kg. After 12 months I saw myself get up to 120-130kg. How? Well, it's quite simple. I stopped moving as much and kept my horrible eating habits I picked up working as a chef. This is the point were I decided to turn my life around.

Since April (I think?) I've started to get my life back on track, I enrolled in an online fitness certification (same qualification as person trainers) to teach myself the fundamentals of exercise and help motivate myself to lose the weight. Since then I have been able to get down to 95kg with 25% body fat. I've recently enrolled in an advanced diploma of Naturopathy (something I've always wanted to do) and hopefully when I finish open my own cafe based on organic and healthy whole foods. The inspiration is to create fine-dining quality food that can also heal and cleanse the body.

I've got a major love affair with anything Game of Thrones related. I guess major could be understatement, a massive understatement. I'm also a major PS3 gamer and recently fell in love with The Last of Us.

So what am I doing here? Well, truth be told, it seems like a friendly and helpful community - I'd like to be able to come to help provide support for others and get support if need be.

Well, I guess that's it. :)

Bye!

Hey fellow Aussie!

It's a great place to be!! The people are fantastic. Read around the site, ask questions, you will find your niche and the right people to support you wherever your path is going.

There is even a thread of Aussies, so you might even find someone local! 

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Hi Bear,

I also love Game of Thrones and am currently listening to the 3rd audio book.

Just thought I'd say HI and that I think your goals sound really awesome. I'm still new to the NF boards myself but have found the blogs and posts extremely helpful.

All the best of luck for acheiving your goals!!!!

Archived