Forums are back in action! ×

Paid off my $10k credit card debt!

Congratulations!!!

Level 1 Ranger in Training

Current Challenge

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

-- Jack London

Hey, wow, that's fantastic! Don't it feel good?!?

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

That is a great feeling. I remember after we got married that between the marriage penalty on the taxes and the wedding, I didn't think we'd ever get out of debt.

Feeling very literary and clever, I took my credit card out of my wallet and stuck it in a book of the "The Myth of Sisyphus" and used a debit card. Much harder to overspend when it's coming right out of your checking account.

Now, we use a credit card that we pay off every month and get points on which I have used to get everything from a new TV, to groceries, while a second card carries a low interest balance from when we consolidated debt a few years ago. That will be paid off by the end of the year.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Well done. Don't go into debt again.

It's taken a lot of discipline and learning good spending habits to get here, I don't think I'll be unlearning those habits so fast ;) especially after discovering how much you can do with your money if you only pay attention to it!!

So jealous. my wife and I have a line of credit that we've been trying for three years to get paid off. It's getting better and better every year, and hopefully this fall will do the trick. I'd like to think we'll start saving money once we pay that off

Keep sticking to it! It's definitely a long haul but SO WORTH IT. You'll get there. :) And saving afterwards is definitely my plan. I still have some debt in form of car loans so I can't save until I at least own my car outright. Student loans are going to have to wait a while!

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

Excellent!

I'm still working on mine, and student loans too. I've developed great money management habits, but my job pays just enough to avoid getting more in debt, not enough to make real progress.

That's way better than nothing! The more that you learn budgeting and how to take advantage of your money, the more you'll find you can do with the same small amount of money. Also, you should look into doing online passive income to help yourself out :)

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram