Forums are back in action! ×

Wasn't going to post yet but...

I don't hike, but I do walk a lot. I like beef jerky as my emergency snack of choice. A trail mix of sunflower seeds, dried fruit, coconut chips and nuts, might suit you well if you're after a high calorie hiking snack.

I don't purposely try to be negative. .. I have a lot of allergies and issues ;)

I've been trying to make jerky. ... most commercial jerky around here has msg. .. and its so hard and crunchy. .. I haven't quite got it right

I've had to eliminate nuts/seeds (although finely ground butters are ok I'm moderation) because of gut issues

I'm highly allergic to coconut

So I like dried fruit but my issue there is that when we go out it's for days at a time. ... needs moar protein. ..

I took pouches of tuna which worked but they aren't very high calorie. ... I got pepperoni (which in jenn paleo is allowed)... also had some single serve peanut butter cups. (And ioccasionally allow dark chocolate so one night igot aHershey dark chocolate bar and stopped it in the pb..... oh so yum!)... and once in town i got some sirloin burger chunky soup for breakfast. ... it's different on the bikes because i can carry more. .. and it's different when we go through towns because i can resupply :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Depending on how we are going and how long. ... I've done baked sweet potatoes and pepperoni. ..

My biggest issues are protein. .. and not spoiling :) and squashing. .. I pack must everything in Ziploc because it's light and the trash is compact. ...

I like chicken breasts and I'll take them if we are going to have fire. ... if they are frozen when we start i usually trust them to last till singer without spoiling. .. if we are biking sometimes i have a small cooler bag that weighs nothing and I'll buy frozen meat (that's always my favorite) to cook for dinner or breakfast depending on the time etc

Also if we are planning on fire I'll take some sweet potato to cook that's easy to carry and hard to smash when raw; )

But this last trip i basically had six pouches of tuna and dried fruit and two package pepperoni. ... dark chocolate and peanut butter. .. a can of soup. ...three mornings i had coffee (bottled Starbucks) stopped four meals in towns had a bunless burger/fries... corn chip nachos hardees burger bunless with fries and a giant chef salad. ... and that's what i ate for four days.... nothing tastes better than food you had to carry twenty miles (or more) to eat ;) (it looks like a lot until you consider that i biked over a hundred miles in eighty degrees plus heat and humidity and i need like five thousands calories per day on days like this. ... this probably worked out to 2500 ish per day. ... so i FELT hungry) I also carry a three liter hydration bladder which i added100% fruit juice to for more calorie/electrolytes (I can't stand Gatorade)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

You posted sites while i was typing ;) I'll check them in the morning I'm oh so tired

Spoiler

You are an inspiration!!!!  You look amazing!!  Keep up the good work.  :)

Level 1 Half Elf Adventurer

STR:  1.5  DEX:  1.5  STA:  2  CON: 1  WIS: 5  CHA: 4

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. - Maria Robinson

thanks krazyk :)

I feel amazing which is the most important thing!! :)

Spoiler

Now the story is awesome,thank you for sharing!One thing:it has been proven(there are books and research on internet about this) that fasting(drinking only water,eating nothing) for a week or so,is what gets your health either up or WAY up.When your body is in starvation mode for a while,it runs out of energy reserves from kidneys and muscles,so it starts eating everything bad,things like toxins,waste,scars,the bad stuff.THAT is the primary reason why your health becomes better when you do fasting-your body destroys the bad stuff inside.So do that twice in a year for no more than a week,you;ll definitely see the benefits.Just don't forget to build the muscle back up(you may lose muscle mass)

I'm here because I wanna be proud when I look in the mirror and be an ispiration.What are YOU here for?

STR-1 DEX-3 STA-3 WIS-2 CHA-1 CON-5(I NEVER get sick.Don't make a noise when you punch me either).

Level-1.

I believe in the power of the mind and Law Of Attraction.

From now on,I proclaim myself not afraid of scorpions!

Thanks guys!

Spoiler

You are killing it Jenn!  Keep up the good work.
wait until you see the woot I'm about to post

Spoiler

What an amazing story, and what amazing progress. Mad congratulations!
thanks ;) figured this was as good a place as any to post this graphic i made night at work. .. this is my measurements new years (looking for measurements since before then and i don't any from my largest size. ... although i could probably extrapolate from clothing size. But anyway i digress. ... since new years I've lost ~40#.... and these are the charts of my measurements9y2a9e8u.jpg

Spoiler

Whaaaat, those are epic results just from the start of the year. I really admire your commitment and your hard work, you've achieved so much.

Yeah and this doesn't show ALL the measurements i track just the impressive ones that made a good chart (some things like my calves haven't changed much and probably never will they are rock solid) .... thanks :) I love all the support and nerdy love around here!

Spoiler

Very inspirational!!! Good luck moving forward with your goals!
thanks! epujypav.jpg this is my goal in life :)

Spoiler

You have NO idea what gift you have given me today. Thank you for sharing your journey.
I saw your post on another thread about it taking a long time and also having chronic health issues. ... my docs told me as a teenager i would not make it to 30 without being on oxygen. .. I turned 36 on Monday and i don't need it and I'm in the best shape of my life. ... if you want to know more you can feel free to pm me. .. it's taken me since 2004 to lose this weight. .. but it can be done. ... I want to find every doc I've ever seen who said "you'll probably always be heavy" and booya in their face. . You can do it wideeyed I have faith in you :) You are amazing and wonderful and you have awesomeness in you :) stay strong and stay beautiful

Spoiler

You look so happy on that last pic :)

Level 2 Windspren Ranger. Syl for short :)
STR 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 2.5 | CON 1.5 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 2.5

My first 6 Week Challenge thread

“And so, does the destination matter? Or is it the path we take? I declare that no accomplishment has substance nearly as great as the road used to achieve it. We are not creatures of destinations. It is the journey that shapes us. Our callused feet, our backs strong from carrying the weight of our travels, our eyes open with the fresh delight of experiences lived.†-- Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

You look so happy on that last pic :)

that was on the 3rd day of a biking trip... we were doing 160 miles that week... it was awesome and fun :D  this was the day we reached the END of the trail and turned around and went back... I had never gotten to the end before... 

fantastic transformation progress! great job!! 

thanks! :)

Damn girl, you look fantastic!

Thanks!!! I appreciate it more than you could know!

Spoiler

great job! what a wonderful mental and physical transformation.

Spoiler