Forums are back in action! ×

Another Beginning

I'm a science and science fiction nerd. I just finished graduate school, and am looking for work. Meanwhile, I might as well get my butt in gear. I was/am on myfitnesspal.com, but the community there is...not nearly as nerdy as this one, obviously. I was working out and tracking food quite seriously for about 4 months this year, but then my fitness buddy went back home. I have slacked off for a few months on food tracking and working out, but I like the tracking system.

The big thing is that if I don't find a solid job in the next 6 months, I'm going to approach the military for a commission. I was enlisted back before college. That means I have 6 months to drop 30 pounds, shed 3 inches off my waist, improve my mile run by 3 minutes, and work up to 33 proper push ups. I passed PT when I was enlisted, but I did the minimum required push ups, poorly. Now I can't do a single one properly.

Wow, lots of 3's and multiples of in all that...

Anyway, hi, howdy, and greetings from planet Earth.

~TJ

Hello!

Congrats on all your accomplishments thus far. I have to admit, it seems to take a certain kind of person to get commissioned so kudos to you.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live around these parts? You never know who could help with a job? = )

Along fitness lines, what do you enjoy? Cardio? Strength training? Yoga? What's your poison?

Welcome, welcome!

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Thanks for the welcome!

I currently live in Florida, but I tend to be mobile, so I could work anywhere. So, if you know someone who needs a physicist, please do send them my way :)

I do some yoga and pilates, and I've been progressing slowly in Couch to 5K. I have one great workout video that uses light weights and a different kind of squat that I find very effective. I've got a slightly bad knee, so I avoid traditional squats and lunges. The knee improves with regular light strength exercise, so I'm confident that it won't keep me out of the service. If I have access to a gym, I love the elliptical machine.

None of this I have been doing consistently, which I know is why I don't have great results to show for it.

Some physical stats:
30 years

5'2''

160lbs

35 inch waist

13:10 minute mile **

** I just went for a 1.5 mile run, rather than the C25K, and nailed down my run pace. Yikes.

Archived