Forums are back in action! ×

Worst part about loosing weight.

In turn, your body will use more calories to warm you up, so more calories burned! :)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I have noticed that without the excess fat on my rear that sitting is not as comfortable as I remember. I will consider it a good thing because I am far more likely to get up and stretch my legs.

I just noticed that :( Ow. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I have noticed that without the excess fat on my rear that sitting is not as comfortable as I remember. I will consider it a good thing because I am far more likely to get up and stretch my legs.

Third.

Back when I started losing, when everything was first starting to get noticeable, I almost never had less than 3 layers on. Luckily for me now though, considering that it's the middle of summer, I don't get hot as easily either. So that's nice.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

I am not looking forward to winter in Laramie this year... brrrr. I am getting cold during the summer, when it is 80 degrees outside. 10 degrees is going to SUCK

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

After being overwieght all my life, there is skin that is just too stretched out. It will now un-stretch, because that's just the way of it. I've had most of the weight off for 3 years and still have extra skin on my lower belly. Meh. it's a bother, but I'm not too bothered about it.

another thing is that the sweat comes easier now. I'm drinking all this water and my body is used to sweating to cool things down, so I'll be doing something at school and get sweaty easy.

But I also get colder faster. it's a good thing i have a sweater on the back of my chair...it's on then it's off then on then off, so many times a day....

Newbie Human Ranger Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34543-how-sasx-gets-her-groove-back/

Three problems come up for me (I have lost 150 pounds in the past year):

1. Loose skin - my skin has not shrunk with the rest of me. Because of the loose skin on my upper arms, stomach, and thighs, I set off the body scanners in airports and have to get a full body pat-down every time.

2. Loss of butt padding - I can't sit on hard wooden chairs any more! I feel like I need to carry a seat cushion with me everywhere!

3. I went from size XXL, where it was hard to find clothes in my size in a department store, to a Small/Slim Fit, where it is also hard to find clothes my size in a department store!

But the benefits far outweigh the inconveniences. I'm not going back!

having to get your clothes tailored- or go buy new ones??

Oh dear lord the clothes! Since October I've slowly gone from an 18 in jeans to an 8, and my bras have gone from a 36GG to a 32F one size at a time. I'm constantly going to put on some outfit and finding out it doesn't fit anymore. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just lose the weight all at once and replace my wardrobe one time. But I have to do it size by size every month or two. So expensive.

Wildly so.

I got a new job last may- so a little over a year ago. All new wardrobe... most of it doesn't fit. I've been slowly replacing pieces but some of them are "go to" pieces- and I'd really like to have them tailored.  I wasn't trying to lose- i tjust happened- but I went from a 12ish to an 8ish and yeah- it's a  little ridiculous now. sad panda face- I have some amazing clothes that I can't wear any more!!!! shit's annoying AND EXPENSIVE!

I agree with everything in this thread!

Down 94lbs since May last year, and even my old shoes don;t even fit right anymore! At least my skin is starting to catch up to me, my arms have tightened up, but still have the skin folds where the love handles use to be. And the stretch marks... My body is just a war zone of battle scars.

I don't have a suit to my name anymore, and it is horrible. I use to be a snappy dresser but over the year I kept buying a new nice outfit every time I lost 10 lbs, most of the new ones don't even fit any more.

Worst loss is how my old softball jerseys just look silly on me now. The teams are long since disbanded, but I still liked to wear those shirts on hiking trips and around the house on weekends.

But really, it's silly to complain with all that goes right with weight loss. I get hit on daily. In work people are more attentive when I speak to them. The loss of padding below the belt pushed an average endowment to well above average. There is not a single thing I fear not being able to do because of my size. I can shop at any store and find something in my size.

Seems to me that all that really over shadows "my ass ain't comfortable to sit on anymore" 

• Like 1

Currently lost in Fitness.

I'm just starting out on this (well, for the 9 millionth time) but I remember being cold a lot when I was 60 lbs lighter as well.  Lame! 

The worst thing about losing weight is always being in between sizes.  And thinking "wow, I love that shirt, but I'm just going to shrink out of it in a few months anyway... so I better not buy it.  Dang it."  Oh well, saves me a bit of money I guess! 

I will admit, having to buy new clothes doesn't suck that much. I love to buy the nerdy shirts from Woot or Shirt Punch, but my wardrobe is absolutely full of t-shirts so I told myself I couldn't buy anymore until I got rid of some of them. Now that I don't fit into any of them anymore, I have a good excuse to buy more.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

I'm always cold, even though I've never been thin. Hm, maybe my brain is confused and imagines it's living in a skinny girl's body. Although I can't stand heat and the sun either... I guess I just have -5 in all elemental resistances?

I too worry that if I buy any clothes now, they might end up being too big or otherwise unfitting in a few months, even though I'm not expecting any drastic weight loss. I keep putting off buying new jeans that I really need because maybe I'll fit into a smaller size in a few weeks. Also I'm kind of praying my bra size gets a little smaller with rigorous exercise - I'd love to be able to wear button-down shirts and find fitting, not-super-expensive bras in stores.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

I don't mind the clothes shopping (I'm an in the closet dandy), but my wife hates it. I've gone down from a 56 waist to a 46 waist over the last year and I work in an old school office environment so I have to wear slacks and dress shirts (in an IT department!). Not cheap at all. My shirt size hasn't gone down much but I stretch the sleeves out a lot more and I also have that dreaded loose skin syndrome.

I still hate getting cold or being too hot. It seems my bodies internal heat control is on the fritz or I'm going through male menopause at 39.

I feel like I just replaced my wardrobe and most of my clothes are still too big. Luckily most of my 'new' wardrobe came from thrift stores and good deals... I'll splurge once I know I'm done changing so much.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

I get cold easier now! 

Definitely, and I always lose the battle with my wife on turning the air conditioning on versus leaving the windows open.

Yep, definitely noticed this, too.  I bought a new chair for my desk at home.

Down 94lbs since May last year, and even my old shoes don;t 

My feet were always big, so my shoes remained size 13/14.  However, I have trial and error with socks - the ones I just got are for size 10-13 shoes, but they keep sliding off the ankles.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

I seem to be lucky in regards to loose skin, or maybe still just young? At 28 my skin seems to be keeping up with the rest of me. I have a mommy pouch, but it is still full of fat, so it isn't loose skin. 

I read somewhere that adding more avocado to your week will help your skin shrink down faster, but not sure where and if it is true. Makes some scientific sense though... vitamin E and colagen and elastin repair and development....

As for the clothes, I'm a stay at home mom, so I buy 2 really cheap pairs of pants at walmart, then wear them out... at which point it is time to buy a new size. I am hovering between a 12 and a 14 right now, because of my thighs.... Soon I hope =D

When classes start, then I will have to find another path for clothes.

I have a question, does your weight really affect some people's shoe sizes? I only ask because my shoe size has stayed a constant 7.5 wide since high school (my feet are wide I think because I always ran around barefoot, even as a very young child.That is what my pediatrician told my mom anyway.)

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

yeah, my husband has to do that too. And then hope that they don't discontinue the shoe.

I seem to be lucky in regards to loose skin, or maybe still just young? At 28 my skin seems to be keeping up with the rest of me. I have a mommy pouch, but it is still full of fat, so it isn't loose skin. 

I read somewhere that adding more avocado to your week will help your skin shrink down faster, but not sure where and if it is true. Makes some scientific sense though... vitamin E and colagen and elastin repair and development....

As for the clothes, I'm a stay at home mom, so I buy 2 really cheap pairs of pants at walmart, then wear them out... at which point it is time to buy a new size. I am hovering between a 12 and a 14 right now, because of my thighs.... Soon I hope =D

When classes start, then I will have to find another path for clothes.

I have a question, does your weight really affect some people's shoe sizes? I only ask because my shoe size has stayed a constant 7.5 wide since high school (my feet are wide I think because I always ran around barefoot, even as a very young child.That is what my pediatrician told my mom anyway.)

So far I've had the same experience with the skin. Generally, the younger you are the better your skin will rebound. But there are other factors, including genetics, the rate and amount of weight loss and smoking (or not!) that make a big difference. Some people find that diet changes or certain supplements seem to help as well. 

My feet haven't changed sizes after 50 lbs lost, but some of my heels and strappy sandles fit a little loser on the top. For women who go up a size to get extra width/height around the midsole, that might change what size they buy. And I guess some people might carry different amounts of weight in their feet. Bodies are bizarre.