Forums are back in action! ×

Burping and exercise

Today I did my interval run and attempted follow this up with the advanced body weight workout. I had to finish my bodyweight workout after 2 sets because I was burping uncontrollably. I was even burping during my cool down!

It had been 5 hours since my last main meal and 1 hour after my last snack (a banana). I strictly follow a paleo diet as recommended by my doctor.

I want to know if this happens to other people and if so what I can do to try and prevent it.

Thanks

Skye Rose - Seeking Balance 
Current Challenge

Inspiration and genius--one and the same. - Victor Hugo

Fall seven times and stand up eight - Japanese proverb

I do this. ... when i get short of breath and start breathing hard (gasping) I tend to swallow air. ... then i start burping

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

If you guys strengthen your diaphragm, it really helps... Try singing as loud as you can with as few breaths as possible... Do that several times a day... it really helped me to not swallow air anymore.

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I take it as a point of pride that I have the loudest burp in the pool/weight room, little bit of burping never hurt anyone haha

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

I know mine is because of respiratory issues. ... my doc says it probably won't go away because of my disease processes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I put yesterday's down to working to hard and was proud that I pushed myself. However I started again today during yoga.... Thinking its experiment time. Yesterday and today I had a snack an hour before, tomorrow I am going to try no snacks an hour and a half before. The other thing I think I could try is increasing my water intake before exercise.

I have been told mine is due to digestive issues however it disappeared after changing to a paleo diet. It is odd that it has come back 6 weeks after starting exercising. I am glad I am not the only one though.

Skye Rose - Seeking Balance 
Current Challenge

Inspiration and genius--one and the same. - Victor Hugo

Fall seven times and stand up eight - Japanese proverb

During and shortly after cardio workouts I find that pretty much every gross thing that my body does is turned up to eleven.

If you guys strengthen your diaphragm, it really helps... Try singing as loud as you can with as few breaths as possible... Do that several times a day... it really helped me to not swallow air anymore.

This is seriously true. I  may be a newbie to fitness, but I'm an opera singer, and therefore very conscious of my breathing. Being conscious of your breath and strengthening your diaphragm can really help with the whole "gulping air" thing. I'm ridiculously out of shape and the only thing that keeps me alive on my runs is just paying very close attention to my breathing. It helps with swallowing air, with improving focus, and with things like side stitches.

Though also, as a singer, I have to advise against trying to push for volume. Make sure that if you are singing loudly the power comes from the breath and not from the throat so you don't do any injury to your voice.  :peaceful:

Level 2 Goblin Adventurer 
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!