Forums are back in action! ×

USAPL Raw Nationals

USA Powerlifting just completed their RAW (belts, wrist wraps, and knee sleeves only) national championships this weekend and there were some awesome lifts performed. Below I've linked write ups from each day as well as the unofficial results google doc.  I believe you can go back and watch them on their ustram channel, which is posted on their home page over at http://www.usapowerlifting.com

Day 1 Report

Day 2 Report

Day 3 Report

Unofficial Results

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well of course you would, it's friggin' nationals! I would have actually beat 8 of the 36 competitors in my class with my SSS numbers though, didn't realize that...

I'm hoping to qualify for 2015 nationals at next year's American Open in December 2014, which takes place in Boston. That's the same meet I'm doing this year, it moves city to city each year.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Mike T killed it, 2nd best Wilks in the competition, and he took it easy (see day 3 write up). I love reading about this stuff, so looking forward to eventually getting there. End goal is 1700 lb in this competition for me. Of course that goal will change based on any number of things.

See the 140 lb woman who pulled almost as much as me?

500 / 330 / 625

This is awesome. Can't wait to get to work and play w the spreadsheet a bit. I'm not terrible! Woot woot

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Just figured out that you don't need a qualifying total to compete in raw nationals. Those qualifying totals are for equipped nationals. This means that if I am confident this time next year that I can hit a 1500 total, I can compete in the raw nationals and qualify for Arny 2015, a year earlier than expected.

500 / 330 / 625