Forums are back in action! ×

50 Pounds gone!!!

Found NF in March, started lurking, reading, learning.  Had done diets in the past, had twice lost 30 lbs, both times ended falling off the wagon right back into old eating habits, gained it all back and more.  In April I hit my all-time high of 308, feeling miserable and in lousy health.

Joined the April challenge, making smal changes as I went.  Started eating more and more primal/paleo, was committed to maintaining a steady workout schedule and just watched the reps go up, sets go faster, etc. And the weight started coming off.  Hit a plateau in low 270's, hung on and eventually broke through.

Yesterday hit 258!!!  Have lost seven inches off my waist, back to jogging (hadn't done in 15 years), and in three weeks I'll be running in my first-ever Warrior Dash!  Hoo-rah!  Vive' le rebellion!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Thanks, guys. I appreciate you reading, caring, and encouraging.  Helps me keep going.  :angel:

OrcWarrior

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Woah !! amazing !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Great work! :D

Congrats! Three years ago, I  weighed 242 lbs. After six months of hard work, diet and running I was 182 lbs. The best part? I still am. The greatest achievement is to never giving up! U can absolutely do that and more!

Woah, I started at 242 also and I'm at 182 now, that's like a bit similar lol....

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Wow, thanks for all the support!  You guys are awesome!  :applouse:

OrcWarrior