Forums are back in action! ×

Foreign language music

So I listen to a lot of music and a lot of different music. I really enjoy listening to music with lyrics that aren't in English, particularly when I want to hear singing, but I don't want to be distracted by lyrics. I also think it's useful for when you're learning those languages. So, one of my favorites is We Butter The Bread With Butter, a German language metal band whose song topics include fairy tales and children's books. 

So, do any of you have a favorite or some recommendations?

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

I'm really into German stuff. You've probably heard of Rammstein. You may not have heard of Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Oomph!, Tanzwut, Subway to Sally, In Extremo, Zeraphine, E Nomine, Letzte Instanz, ASP, Nachtmahr, Die!, Blutengel, Staubkind, Zeromancer, Stahlhammer, Eisheilig, Lacrimosa, Unheilig, And One, Das Ich, Laibach, Umbra et Imago, etc.

Many of the above have several English songs. There's also some bands who do about 50/50 German and English, but are worth mentioning - Die Krupps and KMFDM (also MDFMK). There's also Hanzel und Gretyl - sort of a NDH parody band, but pretty good and worth a mention.

I've heard a few of those. I used to listen to a lot of KMFDM back when I was in high school, though that was when I was studying German, so I looked out for stuff like that. Of the ones you listed, besides Rammstein, I'm the most familiar with In Extremo, E Nomine, and Eisbrecher. Not super familiar, but I've listened to some.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

They're worth a listen. KMFDM is a great band. I had the fortune of getting my eardrums blown out by them, and then meeting them all, a few months ago. If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. Same with Rammstein, of course - epic, epic shows. :)

Eisbrecher and Megaherz (a lot of the same band members, BTW) are a lot like Rammstein, you'll probably find a lot of great stuff in there. If you're into more growly, angry things, try Oomph's old stuff ("Bastard" is one of my favorites).

But yeah, feel free to message me anytime if you'd like any specific song recommendations. :D

Check out Thee Flanders... I love them.  German Psychobilly with a great sense of humor and even a zombie music video =)

SmashingPixie

>>> ~ >>> ~ >>> ~ >>> ~ >>> ~ <<< ~ <<< ~ <<< ~ <<< ~ <<<

Level 1 ~ Ambling Asguardian Assassin

STR 1 - DEX 1- STA 1 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

TO THE PAIN!

"We are what we pretend to be,

so we must be careful what

we pretend to be."

~ Vonnegut ~