Forums are back in action! ×

"You're getting really skinny!"

I'm not really...I still have plenty of chub to get rid of....but my hairstylist seems to think so.

I was in her chair yesterday for the first time in two months, and the above was the first thing she said to me when I arrived. She asked me if I was still swimming and lifting (which I am...I think I had just gotten back into the pool for the first time in more than 15 years when I last saw her), and she told me I need to keep at it because it's working. My gut is still very ample, but I suppose this means my face is leaning out and the extra chin is shrinking. :)

Also, on the occasions someone has said something like this to me (and, fortunately, there have been several over the last 6 months), it has never been anything like 'hey, you're really slimming down', which is what people in this situation are really trying to say. It's always 'you're skinny/getting skinny', which in my case is unfortunately NOT TRUE. I find it interesting that people say it in this way.

A lot of people just don't know how to compliment correctly.  You are getting HEALTHY and HAPPY.  That is what really matters.  Great job on your progress and keep us updated!  We rebels are here for you!

Level 1 Warforged: Neophyte of the Empty Hand

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.â€

My aunt today told me if I kept losing weight she was going to start force feeding me. In actuality I've gained weight because I'm putting on muscle. People like making comments about physical appearance. I usually just take it as a compliment (even if it might feel a bit backhanded) when people say things like that. 

You're making yourself a healthier and happier person, that's the main thing that counts. Keep up the good work :) 

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you