Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone,

I stumbled on to Nerd Fitness last night, and I had my mind blown (insert gif here)

It was only in highschool that i became comfortable with my geekiness, which is also when i was introduced to weightlifting and serious exercise. My HS girlfriend actually called me and my friends "Nerd Jocks" because we played all sports and then went home for LAN parties or read comic books.

I got out of fitness for my first three years of college. Then my senior year I took a look at myself, saw the gut showing and got back to the gym. A few months after that I finally started learning about nutrition (made it 22 years and all I knew was "Fast food is bad")

I've been lifting weights and trying new things every week for the last 5 years, but I am always looking for a new challenge. I've finally gotten myself doing respectable cardio for the last 7 months, I've done P90x and dabbled with Insanity. I'm curious about CrossFit but holy hell I can't afford those fee's to toss around balls and jump up on some boxes.

I want to learn more about the community, meet new people and I would love to find out more about new fitness challenges. Feel free to drop a line to say hi or shoot the breeze and apologies in advance for any and all spelling errors that are on the way.

Also, WTF is my "class" ????

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

@ThatCrock

Ever play D and D? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/

There are a number of classes and that article sets them out. It's just so people with similar goals can find each other and say what's true for a scout might not be true for a warrior! It's also a bit of fun.

Oh and welcome!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2