Forums are back in action! ×

New month, new start

Hi,

Though I followed this site now for a couple of weeks, I finally (20second berserker mode) got the courage to start typing this so here goes...

I have had an checkered history with health, both physically and mentally, and after a challenging year (MSc dissertation, full time work, planning a wedding and being diagnosed with a joint and spinal condition) I really feel that now is the time to change my lifestyle once and for all.

I'm 5'3" and weigh 80.2kg. My big goal is to lose 30kgs within the next year so that I will be 1) in less pain with my arthritis, and 2) healthy enough to start a family with my husband.  

I have been told over the years that really the only thing I can do exercise-wise is "gentle walking on a flat treadmill" Gah! To both the treadmill part and the gentle walking part!

Saying that,  I do yoga everyday to try and stay flexible (shh don't tell the docs), and I'm building up slowly towards a 5k run (yes running, and yes outdoors on real live uneven ground). My strength training is basically just lifting medical textbooks at work (and lemme tell you those things are HEAVY!).

I used to be an adventurer but I'm definitely a druid at heart: I am happiest at the beach or in the countryside. My level 50 self will be running on the beach at sunrise, stretching out with some YFS yoga then surfing for the rest of the morning. Afternoons would be spent on setting up my craft business.

I have exactly 0 support system IRL (yup not even the husband) which has led to a lot of wagon-falling off in the past, but I am hopeful this time I can get where I need to be.

I'm looking forward to starting in on the 6 week challenge and supporting the rest of you rebels.  I'm just starting out on the paleo lifestyle so see ya in the recipe forum.

lm

Welcome to the Rebellion. You've come to the right place to get all the support and information that you need.

It can be tough if you don't have the support IRL. My wife supports what I am doing, but is not making the changes herself which complicates things a little bit. I'm hoping to win her over with an awesome transformation of myself that will get her excited and into the lifestyle I build for myself.

I love that you have plans in place and that you know what your LVL50 looks like. 

I'm starting C25K this week. I'm gonna use the Zombies, Run! C25K app, and am going to do my first 6 week challenge when the next one starts.

Sound like we have some similar approaches and goals, so don't hesitate to call on me if you need an accountabilibuddy or general 'pat on the backs'  :pride:

-Shaun

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers

Thanks for the support! I started a while ago with a 10k trainer app (first 8 weeks are c25k) but blew out my back and couldn't walk for 6 weeks. Who needs zombies when you have the fear of that happening again chasing you?!

Definitely gonna start back into it this week though, so completing 5k by the end of the next challenge seems doable. Let's get it done eh.