Forums are back in action! ×

Down a pants size... For the first time in THREE Years!

That's right folks, I am now a proud owner of a pair of size 10 jeans... And they fit! I haven't been below 12 in at least three years, possibly more. *happy dance*

On a more serious note, I broke up with my boyfriend of 4+ years (we lived together for three) yesterday and I'm also proud to say I think I'm handling it fairly well. Fitness has helped with that a LOT. I bought myself a bike within a few hours of it happening, and so far is it's been a spectacular happiness machine. That said, any positive vibes or helpful tips for keeping it together in a time like this would be much appreciated. I want to move forward, in fitness and in life.

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Hooray for happily fitting in smaller pants! Go you!

I'm sorry to hear about the split with your (now) ex. Even when you know it is the right choice to make, endings still tend to be emotional. Sounds like getting a bike to further propel you toward your goals is an excellent way to keep your spirits up and aide yourself toward further progress in one smooth move.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. And opening the line if you hit a point where it's got you down and you want to talk to someone. I'm good at listening. And trying to help if help is wanted.

But now for your happy dance:

tumblr_msngkpdYMz1saiy83o1_500.gif

Congrats!!! wow, that's motivating!

Seems like your life is changing a lot at the moment!

I'd love to have a size smaller in trousers as well, but I am only losing inches at the top.... weird..

- A smooth sea never made a skillfull sailor - 

My Battle Log|1st|2nd challenge!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

Str: 2 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 1 | Con: 1 | Wis: 5 | Cha : 3

From 121 cm waist to 90 cm

29%
29%

Thanks guys :)

It's still sort of rough going on the breakup front. He's moved into the spare room, but we're still living in the same house while he makes arrangements to move back to his family (across the country). It's made for some awkward moments :/

Fortunately, I have a super supportive family and they've been amazing. My mom is even flying me out to Hawaii this weekend to see my brother! He's in the Navy, so I don't get to see him very often, and while he's been great to talk to on the phone these last few days, I'm PUMPED to see him in person. Hoping I can rope him into a bike ride :)

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Ouch, still living together definitely complicates things(missed that bit in the initial post) and makes it harder. At least you have the spare room for him to crash in while he gets moving back home figured out. A couple of my friends were dating and living together last year. He cheated on her and she was too nice to kick him out for more than a few weeks (seriously, something is wrong with her she's so nice sometimes to people who don't deserve it), so he was relegated to the couch since they didn't have a spare room. It was a stressful 8 months or so, but she's happily living elsewhere now without him in her life in the least. Hopefully your breakup isn't as tension filled and he's able to get a move figured out on the sooner rather than later side.

P.S. Your mom sounds awesome! Getting to spend some time with your brother, away from the stresses of home and in such a beautiful place as Hawaii will definitely lift your spirits. I know it would lift mine and I don't even know your brother!

But seriously. Enjoy the crap out of your trip escaping, visiting, and (hopefully) being active! You deserve it!

You are really inspirational. Breakups are bad, but sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and an awesome family to help you out. Not to mention some awesome body transformation to keep the ball rolling.

Keep it up! Enjoy hawaii, seeing your bro, and biking around some of the beautiful areas in the world (if i remember correctly, hawaii has some stunning routes to bike)

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)