Forums are back in action! ×

Getting trendywendy back on track!

Hello everyone!  My friend pointed me to the nerdfitness site and I felt right at home!  I've been lifting for quite a while, but go through periods of inconsistency with my diet and lifting.  After dropping about 40lbs last year, slowly over about 6 months, things started to slide around vacation time in October.  The vacation time mentality never really ended once we got home so thus began the slide.  I started back up in earnest in January as I noticed my new clothes were getting a little tight.

Things went really well up until about May.  The weather got nice and another slide began.  Then, in June, I got whooping cough.  I became a couch potato for almost 3 months.  For someone so active (previously I'd been lifting, hiking, urban hiking, and walking every day) it was really depressing, not to mention losing strength and stamina.  I'm finally feeling well enough to be active again so I'm jumping right back in.

I typically do a 4-5 day split lifting with some interval running and a daily walk of 3-5 miles.  The split is usually Shoulders, Back/Biceps, Legs, Core, Chest/Triceps.  I'm a huge fan of compound lifts.  I love deadlifts and squats.  I get my ideas for core training from Alwyn Cosgrove.  He's such an inspiration.

So, yeah, that's me in a nutshell!  I thought I'd join the forum so I'd have some accountability.  I also love learning new things about being fit and active.  I look forward to meeting the rest of you!